Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song unavailable in Windows Desktop App

Solved!

Song unavailable in Windows Desktop App

Hello Spotify Team.

Recently i've noticed a lot of songs in my playlists not playing in my desktop app for windows 10. When i click them there is an error message, notifiying me that the song is unavailable, but if i it's on my hard drive i can add it. The weird thing is, that i disabled the setting to show unavailable songs. What's even more curios is that I can play the same songs on my Iphone App without any problems. Why won't they work in the desktop app?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for checking that, I would suggest trying to toggle the Local Files sources under Edit > Preferences. Turn off the sources such as iTunes, Windows Media Player etc. then turn it back on and try again.

Finally, can you try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that helps?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @barnowm, can you confirm if the songs are able to be played from the Your Library > Local Files view? If so, you may need to delete the "broken" songs from your playlists, then readd them by clicking and dragging them from the Local Files list into your playlist again.

Let us know how you get on!

Can't play them from the local files tab either. Just tried it on the phone, everything's working fine there. It's just the desktop app.

Marked as solution

Thanks for checking that, I would suggest trying to toggle the Local Files sources under Edit > Preferences. Turn off the sources such as iTunes, Windows Media Player etc. then turn it back on and try again.

Finally, can you try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that helps?

I've tried enabling and disabling the local files, as well as turning hardware accelaration on and off. Re-installing is what did the trick for me, though. Life can be so simple 😄

Suggested posts