Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Can Spotify play from local files on my PC?

I am new to spotify, previously I have always used purchaed music on itunes. I have lots of MP3 files on my PC I would like to add to my library, when I told Spotify where they are it added them to 'local files' and not to my list of artists/songs et...

• Casual Listener
  • I am new to spotify, previously I have always used purchaed music on itunes.    I have lots of MP3 files on my PC I would like to add to my library, when I told Spotify where they are it ...
  • chrislisi1982
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is Downloading Spotify on alcatel 2067x possible

Hi.. i was just wondering if i could download spotify on an old alcatel 2067x fliptop phone? If so, how?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.. i was just wondering if i could download spotify on an old alcatel 2067x fliptop phone?    If so, how?
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cover art not showing for certain local files.

There is a bug that appeared in the newest version of PC Desktop Spotify (1.0.75.483) that causes the cover art to not show up on certain local files. When playing a song with cover art that doesn't work, Spotify will instead show the cover art of th...

• Casual Listener
  • There is a bug that appeared in the newest version of PC Desktop Spotify (1.0.75.483) that causes the cover art to not show up on certain local files. When playing a song with cover art that doesn't ...
  • 0 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 16 likes

Song shorter on Windows than Android

I don't know what going on. The same song is longer when I'm listening on my phone.

• Regular
  • I don't know what going on.  The same song is longer when I'm listening on my phone.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Huawei P10 lite
    Song length
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Devices do not have the same songs in Spotify

I use Spotify on my work laptop, my phone and my private laptop.Work and phone are all good, I added several new songs recently. Coming home, I notice that the last 10 songs I added are nowhere to be found in my list of added songs, any ways to fix t...

• Casual Listener
  • I use Spotify on my work laptop, my phone and my private laptop. Work and phone are all good, I added several new songs recently.   Coming home, I notice that the last 10 songs I added are no...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Sporatically pauses, sets itself to shuffle, changes to songs to genres i never listen to

been having this issue after i started sharing my spotify with my family.Now it changes song to generas i never listen to, pauses plays sets to shuffle changes albums, and all on its own.i havent reached the end of an album when it does this, so its ...

• Casual Listener
  • been having this issue after i started sharing my spotify with my family. Now it changes song to generas i never listen to, pauses plays sets to shuffle changes albums, and all on its own. i ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Create a playlist with equivalent songs from local files

I, i was hable to copy my local music to a playlist and it would create a playlist with similar songs from Spotify a few years ago, i can't find how to that now.I don't want to sync/send my local music to the Spotify server, i want to get equivalent ...

• Casual Listener
  • I, i was hable to copy my local music to a playlist and it would create a playlist with similar songs from Spotify a few years ago, i can't find how to that now. I don't want to sync/send my lo...
  • MrGikho
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Entire 500GB music library lost. Can I get it back on spotify?

Hello, if anyone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated. So, my itunes application, and all the library files were kept on my SSD (C:) All my music was stored on my HDD (D:). Suddenly, my entire HDD was erased and there was no backup. So:...

• Hello, if anyone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated.   So, my itunes application, and all the library files were kept on my SSD (C:)   All my music was stored on my...
  • Opportunist
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant find a fix for the volume fluctuations

I can't seem to find a solution to fix the Spotify volume fluctuations on my Windows 10 machine. I've tried turning Beats Audio on and off, turning hardware acceleration on and off, turned "same volume level for all songs" on and off. I've tried rein...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't seem to find a solution to fix the Spotify volume fluctuations on my Windows 10 machine.   I've tried turning Beats Audio on and off, turning hardware acceleration on and off, turned "...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

it's **bleep**ed

So i recently changed from Premium to Free because my phone broke and I don't really use Spotify anymore.. anyways when I do use it I will try to play a song from a specific playlist and after the song is finished, it just skips to a whole other play...

• So i recently changed from Premium to Free because my phone broke and I don't really use Spotify anymore.. anyways when I do use it I will try to play a song from a specific playlist and after the so...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cross country listening restrictions

Hello, I use spotify pretty much everyday and I use discord to link up mine and my girlfriends music so we can listen together, she lives in the US and im from the UK some songs just arent avaliable for her is there anyway she can get past the countr...

• Hello, I use spotify pretty much everyday and I use discord to link up mine and my girlfriends music so we can listen together, she lives in the US and im from the UK some songs just arent avaliable ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Login button isn't working

Today when I logged into the new version of Spotify...I entered my name and password and clicked login and the login button doesn't work. Please help. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that stiil didn't work.

• Roadie
  • Today when I logged into the new version of Spotify...I entered my name and password and clicked login and the login button doesn't work.  Please help.  I tried uninstalling and reinstallin...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

automatically cange songs

When i play a song on my computer's spotify (the song's name is "Jet"), it say me i'm plaing the same song but it start another song (start "Trapano")The link this song (jet) is this:https://open.spotify.com/track/0WqZO2B7m44ig4kwLvToYt?si=8vyFV2rDSq...

• When i play a song on my computer's spotify (the song's name is "Jet"), it say me i'm plaing the same song but it start another song (start "Trapano") The link this song (jet) is this: https://open...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant Find the import option anymore

Hello i want to import my windows media playlist to spotify but i cant find the import files option anymore.

• Hello i want to import my windows media playlist to spotify but i cant find the import files option anymore.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Synchronize the status of a podcast

I found after a long search unfortunately nothing relevant, therefore this post:Is there the possibility to synchronize the status of a podcast (not yet heard, partly heard, completely listened) between the devices of a user?All podcasts, which I lis...

• I found after a long search unfortunately nothing relevant, therefore this post: Is there the possibility to synchronize the status of a podcast (not yet heard, partly heard, completely listened) be...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 9 likes

Songs Not Importing Properly into Spotify

Hi, So I recently started using Spotify for my music. Before this I was using iTunes, so naturally I imported a lot of the music that I already had on iTunes into Spotify. But....it doesn't seem to be importing some songs properly? For example, one s...

• Regular
  • Hi,   So I recently started using Spotify for my music. Before this I was using iTunes, so naturally I imported a lot of the music that I already had on iTunes into Spotify.   But....it...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Discrepancy Between App and Browser Spotify

Hello, I have a public playlist called "Honorable Mentions" that has 86 songs. In the software it shows it by that name in the menu on the left sidebar, but then I click on it and it instantly switches back to its former name "Runner- Ups" and drops ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have a public playlist called "Honorable Mentions" that has 86 songs.  In the software it shows it by that name in the menu on the left sidebar, but then I click on it and i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify keeps logging me out!

I am honestly close to needing treatment in a mental hospital due to the sh*t Spotify is currently giving me. I can not log in on either de Windows OR the Android app anymore. Both instantly log me out after logging in. I tried everything and am hone...

• Gig Goer
  • I am honestly close to needing treatment in a mental hospital due to the sh*t Spotify is currently giving me. I can not log in on either de Windows OR the Android app anymore. Both instantly log me o...
  • Tbproductions98
  • 20 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 3 likes

Restore playlist from URL's of tracks

In an attempt to shuffle a playlist of all my favorite artists, somehow all the songs in that playlist were deleted. Luckily however before that happened, I copied the shuffled list of track URL's to a notepad file. How do I copy the contents of this...

• Regular
  • In an attempt to shuffle a playlist of all my favorite artists, somehow all the songs in that playlist were deleted.  Luckily however before that happened, I copied the shuffled list of track UR...
  • emmanuel05
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When did Spotify start counting the amount of plays for each song?

Spotify has existed for 10 years and I have a hard time believing that they tracked the amount of plays for each song as early as that given how many songs that were really popular 5-8 years ago seems to have way too few listens when they were that p...

• Spotify has existed for 10 years and I have a hard time believing that they tracked the amount of plays for each song as early as that given how many songs that were really popular 5-8 years ago seem...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes