Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

[Other] Samsung Gear Sport

I just downloaded a Spotify playlist of approx. 100 songs to my Gear Sport, but only the first 20 songs show up and play on the watch. Those 20 songs play great, but where are the other 80 and why can't I see or play them?

• I just downloaded a Spotify playlist of approx. 100 songs to my Gear Sport, but only the first 20 songs show up and play on the watch.  Those 20 songs play great, but where are the other 80 and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Gear Sport issue
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Alt+left/right arrows behavior changed in latest update

In the latest update (I installed it maybe Tuesday 3/20?), I noticed that the alt+arrow key behavior changed, and not for the better. Now, when I'm typing in the search bar, and I make a mistake in a previous word, I press alt+left-arrow as I always ...

• Casual Listener
  • In the latest update (I installed it maybe Tuesday 3/20?), I noticed that the alt+arrow key behavior changed, and not for the better.  Now, when I'm typing in the search bar, and I ma...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Alt+arrow key bug
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Many unknown songs appear in my playlist ! why ?

There appear about 20 unknown songs in my songlist in the library. When i delete them, some days later they appear again. I deleted them for about 10 times but they reappear again and gain.

• There appear about 20 unknown songs in my songlist in the library. When i delete them, some days later they appear again. I deleted them for about 10 times but they reappear again and gain.
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle is broken on big playlists

When you have a lot of songs in a playlist, the shuffle function is clearly broken. If I sort my playlist on track title, only songs beginning with "0-B" as their first letter is played. When I sort on artist and enable shuffle, only tracks by artist...

• Regular
  • When you have a lot of songs in a playlist, the shuffle function is clearly broken. If I sort my playlist on track title, only songs beginning with "0-B" as their first letter is played. When I sort ...
  • gfoxedwards
  • 12 replies
  • 17 likes
  • Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 17 likes

I lost a lot of important messeges

I understand that it is no longer cost efficient to keep the messeging app on Spotify, however, I would like a way to recover my messeges in some kind of file or an email or something like that. Is there a way that can happen?

• I understand that it is no longer cost efficient to keep the messeging app on Spotify, however, I would like a way to recover my messeges in some kind of file or an email or something like that. Is t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song goes on for 6 minutes

I found a song on my computer and i wanted to listen to it on spotify, but when i saw the length (by hovering my move over the file) it was very short 3 minute song but when i added to spotify it said the song was 6 minutes long how can i fix this. W...

• Casual Listener
  • I found a song on my computer and i wanted to listen to it on spotify, but when i saw the length (by hovering my move over the file) it was very short 3 minute song but when i added to spot...
  • PotionsYT
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Impossible to delete or move a song from playlist

Hello, I'm currently experiencing the following issue: I go into my playlist and delte a song, then move some songs to another playlist. Then when I play this playlist.... I still hear the songs that I have moved or deleted. They appear in the player...

• Hello, I'm currently experiencing the following issue: I go into my playlist and delte a song, then move some songs to another playlist. Then when I play this playlist.... I still hear the songs that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

SSL Proxy

Trying to get spotify to work behind a SSL proxy.So the corp proxy replaces the servers SSL cert with one of its own. I am thinking this is what spotify is failing. Any one know what the destination ip / hostnames spotify use A

• Casual Listener
  • Trying to get spotify to work behind a SSL proxy. So the corp proxy replaces the servers SSL cert with one of its own.   I am thinking this is what spotify is failing.   Any one know w...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Artist names in Japanese Katakana even after changing the language setting to English...

Why are artist names still in Japanese Katakana even after I changed the language setting to English? Anway to fix this problem easily? I'm using Spotify version 1.0.53.758.gde3fc4b2 in Windows 10 Pro. Here are screenshots of my Spotify app:

screenshot1.png screenshot2.png
  • Why are artist names still in Japanese Katakana even after I changed the language setting to English? Anway to fix this problem easily?   I'm using Spotify version 1.0.53.758.gde3fc4b2 in...
  • ddvindas
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

X button doesn't have the same behavior as Cntrl+Shift+Q

Hi,If I close the app using Cntrl+Shift+Q the desktop app will remember the current state, however, if I use the X button on the top right corner, it won´t.For example, when I start the app the first time, the song A is in the session, then I play so...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, If I close the app using Cntrl+Shift+Q the desktop app will remember the current state, however, if I use the X button on the top right corner, it won´t. For example, when I start the app the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song stops short, then skips to songs that aren't even on my playlist

Running Spotify on Windows 10, never had a problem before just now. It is completely updated, latest version, etc. I am not a premium member, if that matters. I start playing my playlist, random. Song will play for anywhere from 15 seconds to two min...

• Casual Listener
  • Running Spotify on Windows 10, never had a problem before just now. It is completely updated, latest version, etc. I am not a premium member, if that matters.   I start playing my playlist, ra...
  • drakenatasha
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Same song, but is different in windows app and android app

Hello,I've found an issue:for this song (and maybe other) :100eme etageByVegastarDuration3:36 The song is "correct" on the windows app but when I switch to Android (in my car) the song is different, it's an alternate version (it's should be the same ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I've found an issue: for this song (and maybe other) : 100eme etage By Vegastar Duration 3:36   The song is "correct" on the windows app but when I switch to Android (in my car) ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify constantly says songs not available

I have a spotify premium account and the player routinely cannot play ANY songs. I will restart the application a number of times, but it will just do the same thing over and over and it happens almost every day. This is unacceptable when I am paying...

• I have a spotify premium account and the player routinely cannot play ANY songs.  I will restart the application a number of times, but it will just do the same thing over and over and it happen...
  • Haaksr
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Cant play certain songs on album

Hi, Why is it that when I search an ablum and click into it, that I can only play certain songs off the album? See example below

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Why is it that when I search an ablum and click into it, that I can only play certain songs off the album? See example below    
  • Jackieimani
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

This radio station cannot be started

Looking in the forum, it appears this was an issue back in 2014 as well... no matter what artist, song, or playlist I choose to start a radio station, I always get the "This radio station cannot be started. Please try with something else" error. Seem...

• Music Fan
  • Looking in the forum, it appears this was an issue back in 2014 as well... no matter what artist, song, or playlist I choose to start a radio station, I always get the "This radio station cannot be s...
  • Valderei
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify not casting through Web Application (ChromeCast)

Hi All!I am trying to ChromeCast my Spotify VIA ChromeCast from my computer through web application and the cast does not work. When I press the cast option - Spotify opens on the TV but says the connection times out. This only happens on my Web Appl...

• Hi All! I am trying to ChromeCast my Spotify VIA ChromeCast from my computer through web application and the cast does not work.  When I press the cast option - Spotify opens on the TV but...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Windows 10 Taskbar/Start button not working due to Spotify - multiple users affected

Since a few weeks I have a problem with Windows10: The taskbar and the start button stopped working and after research and debugging the issue I found out that Spoitfy is the issue of that. As soon as you uninstall or deactivate Spoitfy autostart and...

• Casual Listener
  • Since a few weeks I have a problem with Windows10: The taskbar and the start button stopped working and after research and debugging the issue I found out that Spoitfy is the issue of that.   ...
  • florio
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Low quality on desktop even when High quality streaming is enabled(windows 10)

Ever since the last update of the spotify app(3/12/18) I notice a significant drop in the quality of the stream so much so that you can't continue to listen. Every time I launch the app it seems to start in high quality mode and then seems to switch ...

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since the last update of the spotify app(3/12/18) I notice a significant drop in the quality of the stream so much so that you can't continue to listen. Every time I launch the app it seems to s...
  • pranav26
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Muffled Audio

Recently, the artists vocals for any song are extremely muffled. The words are barely able to be heard over the music which doesnt sound any louder than usual. I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify to no avail. Is this a common problem? Is there a wa...

• Recently, the artists vocals for any song are extremely muffled. The words are barely able to be heard over the music which doesnt sound any louder than usual. I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify t...
  • moondrgns
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify app for Windows 10 - ordinateur

Depuis maintenant quelques semaines, spotify ne fonctionne plus sur mon ordinateur.Je l'ai redemarre, j'ai deseinstaller l'appli mais rien a faire. Lorsque je suis sur l'appli, je met me connecter et je m'identifis ; deja la le bouton "se connecter a...

• Depuis maintenant quelques semaines, spotify ne fonctionne plus sur mon ordinateur. Je l'ai redemarre, j'ai deseinstaller l'appli mais rien a faire. Lorsque je suis sur l'appli, je met me connecter ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes