Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium account on my phone switches to Free on my laptop

I have Premium account on my iphone, when I log in to Spotify app on my laptop (Windows), it is shown as Spotify Free. There is also no syncronization between two devices. I can't reach to my songs and playlists online or offline. Is there any way to...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Premium account on my iphone, when I log in to Spotify app on my laptop (Windows), it is shown as Spotify Free. There is also no syncronization between two devices. I can't reach to my songs a...
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I can not find a specific picture that I want to set as my playlist icon.

Yesterday, I was looking for a specific picture to set as the icon of a playlist of mine. I clicked on my playlist icon to 'Edit Playlist Details', and then on the 'Choose Image' section which lead me to the 'Open File' page. However, no matter how f...

• Yesterday, I was looking for a specific picture to set as the icon of a playlist of mine. I clicked on my playlist icon to 'Edit Playlist Details', and then on the 'Choose Image' section which lead m...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can we only download playlists?

Why can't we download our songs and our albums? It's stupid! We can only download playlists to listen without connection. I don't understand...

• Not applicable
  • Why can't we download our songs and our albums? It's stupid! We can only download playlists to listen without connection. I don't understand...
  • MansonFamily
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Black screen for spotify

A couple weeks ago the trouble started. Sometimes spotify doesn't want to load my search and took like 5 minutes to load. The song that played wasn't always up to date at the downside of my screen. Now 2 days ago the spotify screen stayed like it was...

• A couple weeks ago the trouble started. Sometimes spotify doesn't want to load my search and took like 5 minutes to load. The song that played wasn't always up to date at the downside of my screen. N...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Fehlermeldung: Der an einen Systemaufruf übergebene Datenbereich ist zu klein.

I have installed the Spotify Windows App, but it doesn't launch. It brings up the following error message:Der an einen Systemaufruf übergebene Datenbereich ist zu klein.(Data Area Passed to a System Call Is Too Small.)What could be the solution? Than...

• I have installed the Spotify Windows App, but it doesn't launch. It brings up the following error message: Der an einen Systemaufruf übergebene  Datenbereich ist zu klein . (Data Area Passed ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Media Keys Don't Work Sometimes

Hello. I love Spotify. But there's a very strange bug that is reproducable, but I do not know the cause. There seems to be no reason for this to be happening, so I don't know. The issue is that my media keys on my G710 keyboard, G930 headset and even...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello.   I love Spotify. But there's a very strange bug that is reproducable, but I do not know the cause. There seems to be no reason for this to be happening, so I don't know.   The i...
  • MeanBoy
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log into Spotify from Windows 10.

As the title says, I am unable to log into the PC client on windows 10 as it says the username/password is incorrect Error 4.The password is not incorrect, as it works on Android and the web portal. Also the reset password link from the app also does...

• Casual Listener
  • As the title says, I am unable to log into the PC client on windows 10 as it says the username/password is incorrect Error 4. The password is not incorrect, as it works on Android and the web port...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Computer Farts and lost music

Now I use spotify quite regular I've found that every hour or so a track is disrupted by a crash computer fart like noise for a second or two then continuesNow I've just opened my laptop offline to see my favourite downloaded playlists are no longer ...

• Casual Listener
  • Now I use spotify quite regular I've found that every hour or so a track is disrupted by a crash computer fart like noise for a second or two then continues Now I've just opened my laptop offline ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify on my pc wont let me download my liked songs playlist

My internet frequently cuts out, so I wanted to download my liked music playlist so i can listen offline, but i dont have a option to download it.

• Casual Listener
  • My internet frequently cuts out, so I wanted to download my liked music playlist so i can listen offline, but i dont have a option to download it.
  • rossi1911
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Clear Search History and Ads

Hello. I love Spotify and use it all the time but one thing does bother me. On my desktop (Windows), whenever I want to clear my search history because having a lot of them annoys me at times, there is an ad at the bottom of the screen blocking the b...

• Hello. I love Spotify and use it all the time but one thing does bother me. On my desktop (Windows), whenever I want to clear my search history because having a lot of them annoys me at times, t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Waking Computer when opened on Phone

This hasn't happened previously (for me), so maybe an update is causing this to happen, but- When I open Spotify on my phone it wakes my computer (sometimes I think it does this even when they're not necessarily connected to the same network). This h...

• This hasn't happened previously (for me), so maybe an update is causing this to happen, but-   When I open Spotify on my phone it wakes my computer (sometimes I think it does this even when th...
  • fpejril
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Why can't I copy playlists and edit them?

I think spotify should add a new feature where I can copy other people's public playlists, and make my own editable copy. It irritates me when I find a playlist from someone else I really like, but then a new song comes out and I can't add it without...

• I think spotify should add a new feature where I can copy other people's public playlists, and make my own editable copy.  It irritates me when I find a playlist from someone else I really like,...
  • Gayilluminati
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Lyrics

So about a year ago you removed the MusicXMatch for us and said you were coming with improvements, a year ago.. When are we getting our lyrics for Spotify on desktops? I don't wanna be using a lyrics page on the web. I wanna have one in-built in the ...

• So about a year ago you removed the MusicXMatch for us and said you were coming with improvements, a year ago..    When are we getting our lyrics for Spotify on desktops? I don't wanna be...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost my Login/email

Hi guys.I lost my email and Login cause i've changed my phone. How can i recover my account ?I have my Credit Card and my Personal Number from Brazil (CPF)I have tried the Support on Facebook/Twitter but they doesn't answer me.Thank you for the atten...

• Not applicable
  • Hi guys. I lost my email and Login cause i've changed my phone. How can i recover my account ? I have my Credit Card and my Personal Number from Brazil (CPF) I have tried the Support on Facebook/T...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Search function does not work in playlists

When pressing ctrl+F to search a song in a playlist, this just does not work at all.See the screenshots below. I have a list with some music of Nino Rota, But if I type Nino, or even Nino Rota, I get 0 results, even when I use a word from in the titl...

21057046_10210223546571178_1639311803_o.png 21057723_10210223545851160_1855752905_o.png 21082080_10210223549011239_557004807_o.png
  • Casual Listener
  • When pressing ctrl+F to search a song in a playlist, this just does not work at all. See the screenshots below. I have a list with some music of Nino Rota, But if I type Nino, or even Nino Rota, I g...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Last.fm blocked

Hello guys, here's the thing: from my workplace for unknown reasons scrobbling via Last.fm is not working, and since I work 8 hours using my laptop I always listen to a lot of music, pretty much all day, and I can't see it on my last.fm profile.I kno...

• Hello guys, here's the thing: from my workplace for unknown reasons scrobbling via Last.fm is not working, and since I work 8 hours using my laptop I always listen to a lot of music, pretty much all ...
  • Nightdevil
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs in 'Discover' menu does not play

The 'Discover' menu offers list of 'Top Recommandations For You' 'Suggested for you based on Moon Boots' and 'Because You listened to ...' features but not of the songs on the page does not play when I drill down into the actual album or artist page ...

• Regular
  • The 'Discover' menu offers list of 'Top Recommandations For You' 'Suggested for you based on Moon Boots' and 'Because You listened to ...' features but not of the songs on the page does not play when...
  • tomtheslav
  • Casual Listener
  • 24 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 24 replies
  • 2 likes

Local files not showing up, have wrong/non-existent album art, greyed out

Having some major issues:° Song are missing everything and very buggy (1st pic) - but songs can still be played° Song have the wrong album art (second pic) - but songs can still be played° Songs are missing (second pic) - songs are nowhere to be foun...

• Gig Goer
  • Having some major issues: ° Song are missing everything and very buggy (1st pic) - but songs can still be played ° Song have the wrong album art (second pic) - but songs can still be played ° So...
  • clicheusername
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

What's up with album and track sorting under "Artists"?

This is absolutely ridiculous. Why can't my albums be sorted by date (chronological) as any normal player does? This is under Artists. And no, I don't to go to the artist page.

Screenshot - 2017.08.22 - (20.46.54).jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • This is absolutely ridiculous. Why can't my albums be sorted by date (chronological) as any normal player does? This is under Artists. And no, I don't to go to the artist page.  
  • Dexter_prog
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No songs will play

Hi Guys, I have been digging through the forums and google search for an answer to no luck. I recently uninstalled and then re-installed spotify, the platform now no longer plays any songs. Whether it's from Discover, browse, offline, online etc.The ...

• Regular
  • Hi Guys,   I have been digging through the forums and google search for an answer to no luck.   I recently uninstalled and then re-installed spotify, the platform now no longer plays an...
  • ijohno
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes