Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Charts for Israel

Hello,So Spotify just (finally) aired in Israel around 12 hours ago... I've been getting myself to know around the application and its features - browsing different charts being one of them. Unfortunately, Israel isn't showing (not by "Top" nor by "V...

• Hello, So Spotify just (finally) aired in Israel around 12 hours ago... 🙂   I've been getting myself to know around the application and its features - browsing different charts being one of ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify open in full screen - cannot access taskbar anymore - windows 7

I have Spotify open and maximised on my computer. However, since the upgrade, I can't access the Windows taskbar from an open and maximised Spotify window (i.e. Spotify is open, I move my mouse down to the bottom of the screen to bring up the taskbar...

• I have Spotify open and maximised on my computer. However, since the upgrade, I can't access the Windows taskbar from an open and maximised Spotify window (i.e. Spotify is open, I move my mouse down ...
  • davecore
  • 32 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Windows
  • 32 replies
  • 9 likes

Songs Stop Playing When A Conflicting Software Program is Opened

I'm having a very odd problem with my Spotify desktop version. I am a premium subscriber using Windows 10 and whenever I open a certain program the music stops and the rest of the album cycles though without playing and I get an error message telling...

• I'm having a very odd problem with my Spotify desktop version. I am a premium subscriber using Windows 10 and whenever I open a certain program the music stops and the rest of the album cycles though...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All offline downloaded songs have DISAPPEARED

Because I get easily distracted on the internet, I tend to disable the internet to get work done and only re-enable it when I need it. I disable it by physically opening up my laptop and removing the wireless card. Yesterday, after re-enabling the in...

• ...00 at most), I haven't downloaded songs on more than 3 devices, I haven't reinstalled Spotify, the songs are still available for public use, and the songs were in personal playlists that I created m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Menuepunkt "Browse > Konzerte" - Netzwerkfehlermeldung

Hallo zusammen, Spotify bietet ja die tolle Funktion, anstehende Konzerttermine anzuzeigen.Sobald ich nun in der Desktop-Version (Windows) unter Menuereiter "Browse" auf den Unterpunkt "Konzerte" klicke, erscheint eine Fehlermeldung, welche wie folgt...

• Visitor
  • Hallo zusammen,   Spotify bietet ja die tolle Funktion, anstehende Konzerttermine anzuzeigen. Sobald ich nun in der Desktop-Version (Windows) unter Menuereiter "Browse" auf den...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

How do I remove one or more songs from multiple playlists at once?

Hey,I have a few songs saved in more than one playlists and now I wanna remove them from all my playlists. When I right click on a song all I find is "remove from THIS playlist" Where can I find the option to remove from all the playlists at once? Wo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, I have a few songs saved in more than one playlists and now I wanna remove them from all my playlists. When I right click on a song all I find is "remove from THIS playlist" Where can I find th...
  • Hashan3
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Music Recommendations

I'm posting this in the desktop section, but this also applies to the android app as well. It seems to just be an account issue. A few months back I listened to the album "Jimmy Carter Syndrom" by Jay Munly. I liked it and added a few songs from it t...

• I'm posting this in the desktop section, but this also applies to the android app as well. It seems to just be an account issue.   A few months back I listened to the album "Jimmy Carter Syndr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify "Downloaded", but not actually.

So, earlier today, Windows 10 decided to install another update (this time taking up 6gb more storage) about internet security stuff, even though I have Norton already. However, that's not the worst, Spotify just decided to leave as soon as the updat...

• Casual Listener
  • So, earlier today, Windows 10 decided to install another update (this time taking up 6gb more storage) about internet security stuff, even though I have Norton already. However, that's not the worst,...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix

Why won't any of my Daily Mix playlists load? I get an error message for every one of my 6 Daily Mix playlists.

• Gig Goer
  • Why won't any of my Daily Mix playlists load?  I get an error message for every one of my 6 Daily Mix playlists.
  • Slcrowe
  • Gig Goer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing music after remote desktop connection toggle.

Reports can't play song. Need to start task manager and close any spotify apps. Then restart to get it working. Win10 Surface Pro 4.

• Casual Listener
  • Reports can't play song. Need to start task manager and close any spotify apps. Then restart to get it working. Win10 Surface Pro 4.
  • theFOHguy
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify random pauses and resumes

Hello all,first of all, sorry if this has already been posted, I have been searching for it with no success. The spotify application randomly pauses the current song, once every half an hour or so, or if the song it's paused it autoresumes it. This i...

• Visitor
  • Hello all, first of all, sorry if this has already been posted, I have been searching for it with no success.   The spotify application randomly pauses the current song, once every half an ho...
  • leodreyer
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't access my Audio Settings (using Desktop with Windows 7)

I am new to Spotify Premium. I am using a desktop computer with Windows 7 to access my Spotify Premium. I stream the music to my 2-channel stereo using a Audioengine B1 Bluetooth receiver. All I want to do now is check my audio settings to make sure ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am new to Spotify Premium. I am using a desktop computer with Windows 7 to access my Spotify Premium. I stream the music to my 2-channel stereo using a Audioengine B1 Bluetooth receiver.   A...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Listen to music without effecting Mixes and Discoveries

Can someone please tell me if there's any way to listen to music without effecting discovering weekly, radar or daily mixes? Mostly i'm listeningto Metal, but when i'm at the office, i'm playing more mainstream because the people at my office.I'm aff...

• Casual Listener
  • Can someone please tell me if there's any way to listen to music without effecting discovering weekly, radar or daily mixes?   Mostly i'm listeningto Metal, but when i'm at the office, i'm pla...
  • Eyalf83
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problemas con windows 10

Hola, tengo un problema que ya llevo mas de un mes tratando de solucionar, tengo mi cuenta sincronizada a mi tablet, laptop y celular, pero en mi laptop no puedo descargar ningun playlist, desde hace un mes que al agregar canciones a los playlist que...

• Hola, tengo un problema que ya llevo mas de un mes tratando de solucionar, tengo mi cuenta sincronizada a mi tablet, laptop y celular, pero en mi laptop no puedo descargar ningun playlist, desde hace...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs won't play

Oftentimes, when I'm listening to any spotify playlist, a song will end and a new one will not play. After that, none of the play buttons will work. The sidebar says the playlist is playling but nothing actually is working. Has anyone else experience...

• Oftentimes, when I'm listening to any spotify playlist, a song will end and a new one will not play. After that, none of the play buttons will work. The sidebar says the playlist is playling but noth...
  • willyadume
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't close video in the ads

I'm using Spotify on Windows10. After updating to the latest version, the close button for the pop-up video ad seems to be overlaid by the close app button, as shown in the attached image. While I don't mind the ads since I am a free user, earlier I ...

• Visitor
  • I'm using Spotify on Windows10. After updating to the latest version, the close button for the pop-up video ad seems to be overlaid by the close app button, as shown in the attached image. While I do...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Multimedia keys stopped working

Hello everbody, how are you doing? I would like to report a problem. I use spotify at home and at work with two different computers and keyboards.Both computers are windows 7 64bits. After last spotify update (1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc), multimedia keys l...

• Hello everbody, how are you doing?   I would like to report a problem.   I use spotify at home and at work with two different computers and keyboards. Both computers are windows 7 64bi...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! music not playing

i clicked on my songs on spotify my music is there but its not playing for some reason my sound is on and its not even showing an error message

• i clicked on my songs on spotify my music is there but its not playing for some reason my sound is on and its not even showing an error message
  • TRUCKSAJ
  • Visitor
  • 16 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 5 likes

Weird Spotify Logo and large memory drain

I've noticed a few weird things on my spotify. Firstly, the icon is now appearing weird with a thin green line besides the logo which kinda looks like how it would be if it is download some items. See attached. Also, it has 4 exes draining 400mb of m...

• I've noticed a few weird things on my spotify.   Firstly, the icon is now appearing weird with a thin green line besides the logo which kinda looks like how it would be if it is download some ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Location of cached files

Hi, in the settings I have set this path for offline songs D:\Music\Spotify and the folder has about 7GB. But despite that, Spotify still creates a folder in C:\Users\Slavek\AppData\Local\Spotify\Data and it has about 10GB.What should I do to not let...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, in the settings I have set this path for offline songs D:\Music\Spotify and the folder has about 7GB. But despite that, Spotify still creates a folder in C:\Users\Slavek\AppData\Local\Spotif...
  • Slavek
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes