Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

When did Spotify start counting the amount of plays for each song?

Spotify has existed for 10 years and I have a hard time believing that they tracked the amount of plays for each song as early as that given how many songs that were really popular 5-8 years ago seems to have way too few listens when they were that p...

• Spotify has existed for 10 years and I have a hard time believing that they tracked the amount of plays for each song as early as that given how many songs that were really popular 5-8 years ago seem...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Import Google Music playlists to Spotify?

I've been with Google Music for about 5 months now. It's gotten progressivly worse with this lastest GUI update. For about a week I could not play anything, now it's uses so much ram it slows down my computer. I just want to listen to my music withou...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been with Google Music for about 5 months now. It's gotten progressivly worse with this lastest GUI update. For about a week I could not play anything, now it's uses so much ram it slows down my...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify (PC and Android) Starts playing last weeks Discover playlist on Startup

Hey, When Spotify starts up on my computer and phone, it starts with one specific song from last weeks discover playlist. It shows that it is playing the discover playlist, but when I go into the Current Discover playlist, the song that is playing is...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   When Spotify starts up on my computer and phone, it starts with one specific song from last weeks discover playlist. It shows that it is playing the discover playlist, but when I go int...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can we only download playlists?

Why can't we download our songs and our albums? It's stupid! We can only download playlists to listen without connection. I don't understand...

• Visitor
  • Why can't we download our songs and our albums? It's stupid! We can only download playlists to listen without connection. I don't understand...
  • MansonFamily
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify is skipping every song

I restared my Computer and now Spotify is skipping every song and says: "This Song is not aviable. If the song is on your Computer, you can import it." or "Current song can not be played"I have the newest Windows 10 Spotify App via the StoreMy Pc Dri...

• Visitor
  • I restared my Computer and now Spotify is skipping every song and says: "This Song is not aviable. If the song is on your Computer, you can import it." or "Current song can not be played" I have t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify updating bug

The green bar doesn't move. I can fix this by closing Spotify in Task Manager, but I will get a notification (the blue circle) that there is an update available, and the next day Spotify will ask for permission to update when starting it up.

• Casual Listener
  • The green bar doesn't move. I can fix this by closing Spotify in Task Manager, but I will get a notification (the blue circle) that there is an update available, and the next day Spotify will ask for...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify downloaded without permission

Spotify downloaded on my PC for seemingly no reason. I have an account for Spotify, but I have not downloaded it. Did it download only because I had an account for it?

• Spotify downloaded on my PC for seemingly no reason. I have an account for Spotify, but I have not downloaded it. Did it download only because I had an account for it?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Grayed-out songs when downloaded from iTunes Playlist

I have Spotify Premium and use it on my phone, tablet and PC. I imported a number of Playlists from iTunes, but have issues with some songs being grayed-out. Many of these are songs that are definitely in the Spotify catalog (I do a search and there ...

• Regular
  • I have Spotify Premium and use it on my phone, tablet and PC.  I imported a number of Playlists from iTunes, but have issues with some songs being grayed-out.  Many of these are songs that ...
  • darinhclark
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes

No se reproduce ningún tipo de canción.

De unos días para acá no se reproduce ninguna canción, el sonido la mi lap está bien, pero simplemente no se reproduce nada, es decir, la barra del tiempo de la canción ni siquiera se mueve, me pasa con todas las aplicaciones de música, pero en el we...

• Casual Listener
  • De unos días para acá no se reproduce ninguna canción, el sonido la mi lap está bien, pero simplemente no se reproduce nada, es decir, la barra del tiempo de la canción ni siquiera se mueve, me pasa ...
  • matepore
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Random pausing with "can't play the current song" error message

I realise there are a million posts about this error but I've been through dozens of them and none seem to reflect my specific issue. Essentially, I can happily listen to a number of songs without issue but every now and again a song will "pause" wit...

• Music Fan
  • I realise there are a million posts about this error but I've been through dozens of them and none seem to reflect my specific issue.   Essentially, I can happily listen to a number of songs w...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete button doesn't work

Since the last update I can't use my Delete button. It doesn't work in the Search box and same goes for the text box within my playlists.Further more when using CTRL + arrow (left/right) you usually move between words when in the textbox but now - du...

• Music Fan
  • Since the last update I can't use my Delete button. It doesn't work in the Search box and same goes for the text box within my playlists. Further more when using CTRL + arrow (left/right) you usuall...
  • NahmenJayden
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Delete button
    text editing
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Desktop version not letting me login

I try to log in through facebook and it redirects me to a web page , then nothing. No error message I'm on Windows 10 - I've reinsalled and restarted several times . I try log in without Facebook and the app doesn't respond at all- just greys out.

• I try to log in through facebook and it redirects me to a web page , then nothing. No error message  I'm on Windows 10 - I've reinsalled and restarted several times .  I try log in withou...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not loading

Whenever I first start my computer and open spotify my songs won't load. I usually have to exit and start it back up multiple times before my songs load. No tabs will load and I have to keep exiting and restarting until it comes up. Spotify is up to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I first start my computer and open spotify my songs won't load. I usually have to exit and start it back up multiple times before my songs load. No tabs will load and I have to keep exiting ...
  • jmoodie88
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Default OS shortcuts "trapped" in the new Spotify Client

Guys.. Why in **bleep** did you guys choose CTRL + left / right as the shortcut to change tracks in the new Spotify desktop client? Now its impossible to navigate inside text boxes because everytime you press ctrl + left (to skip an entire word insid...

• Casual Listener
  • Guys.. Why in **bleep** did you guys choose CTRL + left / right as the shortcut to change tracks in the new Spotify desktop client? Now its impossible to navigate inside text boxes because everytime ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • shortcuts
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Dual monitor struggles

I have a problem. I use win 7 and two monitors. To have windows bar at the both of them a use program Dual Monitor.Before last update everything works well, but now i can't move open Spotify app to the second monitr. If I need open the Spotify, must ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem. I use win 7 and two monitors. To have windows bar at the both of them a use program Dual Monitor. Before last update everything works well, but now i can't move open Spotify app to...
  • Merijel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Desktop web streaming not working

The past two days streaming on my work desktop isn't working. I've tried logging in and out, rebooting, clearing cookies - nothing has helped. I can access my playlist but everytime I hit "play" for a song - nothing happens.

• Visitor
  • The past two days streaming on my work desktop isn't working.  I've tried logging in and out, rebooting, clearing cookies - nothing has helped.  I can access my playlist but everytime I hit...
  • efliq
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Audio problem on Microsoft Edge

Whenever I use Spotify on Microsoft Edge the volume of the sound keeps lowering itself and always getting on the average volume.What could I do?

• Whenever I use Spotify on Microsoft Edge the volume of the sound keeps lowering itself and always getting on the average volume.What could I do?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs keep skipping

Good day guys! I'm currently facing these infuriating issues - songs are skipping at few seconds interval and when I tried to play it individually it says that the song is unavailable and should import it from my files (I've no songs on my laptop btw...

• Good day guys! I'm currently facing these infuriating issues - songs are skipping at few seconds interval and when I tried to play it individually it says that the song is unavailable and should impo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution re-arrange tracks within a playlist on a PC

Hi This is driving me nuts. I am trying to re-arrange the order of tracks within a saved playlist on a computer (NOT Phone). The tabs at the top are not ticked or highligthed. They will just not move , its a new window 10 laptop , i have tried it in ...

• Visitor
  • Hi    This is driving me nuts.   I am trying to re-arrange the order of tracks within a saved playlist on a computer (NOT Phone). The tabs at the top are not ticked or highligthed....
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution WIN 8.1 version crashes seconds after hitting play.

I've tried a 'clean reinstall' but the problem still exists; I can launch spotify, click around on account and settings, but as soon as I hit play on anything, it counts to about 0:04 while not playing any sound, freezes, and closes with no explinati...

• I've tried a 'clean reinstall' but the problem still exists; I can launch spotify, click around on account and settings, but as soon as I hit play on anything, it counts to about 0:04 while not playi...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes