Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs Randomly Deleted, How Do I Import A Backup I Made?

Solved!

Songs Randomly Deleted, How Do I Import A Backup I Made?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Windows 10 PC/Samsung Galaxy S9+

Operating System

Windows 10/Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I believe someone gained access to my account and deleted all of my 800+ songs. I went on my PC without it connected to the internet (so no changes would be made yet since it can't update) and made copies of everything in the AppData folder and then turned my internet back on. How would I go about importing the backup I have without Spotify reverting back to how it is now? (I have already tried turning my internet off again and replacing the files, and sure enough it goes back to how I originally had it, so I know I backed everything up correctly. It's just it doesn't stay like that once my internet goes back on).

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @JustinV_

The reason why it doesn't stay that way is simply that your client program is synced with your account on the servers, and since servers see them as deleted, the client shows you the current state.

I'd suggest turning off your internet, restoring your backup, open Spotify and copy your songs to another playlist (ctrl + A selects all). This way your songs should stay put. You can re-add them to where you originally had them later. 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @JustinV_

The reason why it doesn't stay that way is simply that your client program is synced with your account on the servers, and since servers see them as deleted, the client shows you the current state.

I'd suggest turning off your internet, restoring your backup, open Spotify and copy your songs to another playlist (ctrl + A selects all). This way your songs should stay put. You can re-add them to where you originally had them later. 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That is what I ended up doing, thanks for the help!

Suggested posts