Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs are playing but I can't hear anything

Songs are playing but I can't hear anything

I've tried unplugging and plugging in my headset, I've tried changing my output device, I've tried uninstalling and installing, I've checked the volume on spotify and in the volume mixer and I've tried listening to songs on the browser version but nothing is working. 
I don't know what else I can do. somebody, help

2 Replies

Hey @osmang

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Just to confirm, did you already try reinstalling the app with a clean reinstall?

Suggesting this since a 'clean' reinstall is more effective than the 'simple' reinstall you already attempted.

Take a look at this Spotify Answer to find out how the clean reinstall procedure works depending on the device you're using and the related operative system.

If you're still experiencing the issue after performing this procedure, it'd be helpful if you tried to log into your account with a different device and checked whether the issue persists, updating us about what happens.

That will help us confirm whether the issue depends on the device you're currently trying to use Spotify with.

Hope you'll find this info helpful. We'll be keeping an eye on your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @XyliaMoonlight 

Spotify requires the output device to be set as default.

However the web player doesn't really need this, so that's a bit odd.

Have you tried if your audio device works with other media (youtube, local files)?

You can try muting and unmuting Spotify client under the Volume Mixer (right-click on speaker icon on taskbar, select Volume Mixer) and then restarting Spotify.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

(sorry @Mario I took a bit long replying) 😅

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts