Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs cutting in and out every couple seconds.

Songs cutting in and out every couple seconds.

Every time I listen on the desktop app, the songs start to cut out every couples seconds after about 5 minutes of listening. It doesn't do this when i'm watching movies or youtube videos, so it's not my headphones. I'm using the free version, on Windows 10. My internet connection is fine.

It's been happening for about a month, i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, opening and closing, and restarting my pc. Nothing is working.

4 Replies

Can anyone help me?

Same problem started for me yesterday and I have Premium.  Posted same question and don't have a reply yet either.

Just had my problem solved via these directions provided to me on my post and I'm now up and running with no issues...

"I would suggest clean reinstall, it's useful for wiping out any possible in-program errors:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.

2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Install Spotify.         "

Have you tried logging out of your account? That used to happen with my account on my laptop but I logged out and deleted the app (if you have it downloaded) then reinstalled it and logged back in and the problem was gone. If that doesn’t work maybe you could try and restarting your computer? I hope this helps 🙂

Suggested posts