Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs fading in and out regularly

Solved!

Songs fading in and out regularly

Plan - Premium

Country - UK

Device - Windows 10 laptop

My Question or Issue

Recently I've been regularly having a problem with songs constantly fading in and out.  The reduction in volume is very brief, less than a second, and occurs dozens of times with a single track.  This started happening about two weeks ago and doesn't seem to happen when I use Spotify with my Android phone. It also does not happen every time I use the service.  

I looked at some earlier posts and can say that it is not an issue with crossfade, which is disabled regardless. I've tried with both high- and low-quality streaming and the volume is not normalized. I also tried disabling enhancements on Windows, to no effect. 

Any ideas?  Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @lecker, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi @luke!

Thanks a lot for your help.

Your suggestion was pretty simple, but so far it seems to have worked!  Silly me.  The problem tended to come and go before, and if it shows up again I'd appreciate that extra hand.  But in the meantime, thanks again for giving me a hand.

Cheers

lecker

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @lecker, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

LukeSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Hi @luke!

Thanks a lot for your help.

Your suggestion was pretty simple, but so far it seems to have worked!  Silly me.  The problem tended to come and go before, and if it shows up again I'd appreciate that extra hand.  But in the meantime, thanks again for giving me a hand.

Cheers

lecker

https://open.spotify.com/track/0Q95QAw0HKaykvMZA3tMOb

LukeSpotify Star

Suggested posts