Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs in 'Discover' menu does not play

Songs in 'Discover' menu does not play

The 'Discover' menu offers list of 'Top Recommandations For You' 'Suggested for you based on Moon Boots' and 'Because You listened to ...' features but not of the songs on the page does not play when I drill down into the actual album or artist page then I can play, can you help how to fix this issue?

Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------

This issue has been resolved. 

Thank you.

24 Replies

Hey @TillDawnBreak! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound quite right.

Have you tried to reinstall your app? If not, here's a step by step tutorial on how to do it. 

Let me know how it goes. ^^

Peace

Hi @Nico,

I have tried it, I even deleted roaming profile before reinstalling the client and it did nothing.  The feature works on my IPhone but consistently fails on my desktop and laptop.

Thank you!

@TillDawnBreak

Please let me know the following details:

1. Exact Device  (e.g. MacBook Air)

2. Exact operating system  (e.g. 10.10 OSX)

3. Spotify app version installed (1.0.2)

4. Are you receiving any Error messages at all?

Thanks! ^^

Peace

I'm having the exact same issue. Only songs displayed in a list view will play, anytime I click on the play button displayed on cover art nothing happens.

MSI GS63VR 4k Pro

Windows 10 (latest updates)

1.0.60.492.gbb40dab8 (Windows Store version)

No error messages

Update: I uninstalled the Windows Store version and installed the desktop app downloaded from the Spotify website and am still having the issue:

1.0.60.492.gbb40dab8

Also having this problem on all of my Windows 10 devices.

Currently using 1.0.60.492.gbb40dab8 (Windows Store version)

Have logged out, and then back in. No change.

Have uninstalled app from windows store, deleted every file, reinstalled from website. No change.

Did the exact opposite. No change.

Insight greatly appreciated- it just stopped suddenly (Was working last week).

The same sympton is discovered on 2 different devices

1.  My desktop ( Custom made)

2.  Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063 

System Type x64-based PC

3.  1.0.60.492.gbb40dab8

4.  No error messages

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.  LENOVO_MT_20F9_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad T460s

2. Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393

System Type x64-based PC

3.  1.0.60.492.gbb40dab8

4.  No error messages

@TillDawnBreak @ccstra54 @Catastrophe-247

I've escalated your issue to the support.

I will reply on this thread with help soon. ^^

Peace

@TillDawnBreak @ccstra54 @Catastrophe-247

• Does it happen for ALL Top Recommendations For You lists?
  • Does it definitely happen for ALL Suggested for you based on... lists?
  • Does it definitely happen for ALL Because you listened to... lists?
  • Does it happen on anything that falls under the Similar to... lists?
  • Does it happen whilst anything else is playing?
  • Does it happen when they go to it first after logging in, without playing anything?

Thanks, a lot! ^^

Peace

Just wanted to add that Im having the same issue and Im on a Mac using desktop app. If I click on any album play button, it will not play any music. If I select the album and it opens its own page it will play. No album play button on any page (discover, new releases etc...) will play unless you dig into the album or artist itself.

The app on my phone works and the web player works, it just seems to be the desktop app only.  

Answers below:

• Does it happen for ALL Top Recommendations For You lists?
    • Discover Weekly and Release Radar work fine, Top Recommendations does not.
  • Does it definitely happen for ALL Suggested for you based on... lists?
    • Yes. None of these work.
  • Does it definitely happen for ALL Because you listened to... lists?
  • Does it happen on anything that falls under the Similar to... lists?
  • Does it happen whilst anything else is playing?
    • New Releases and Concerts tabs are having similar problems
  • Does it happen when they go to it first after logging in, without playing anything?

Yo, I just signed up for family account $15 a month, can you stop playing around and make it work?

It is your P2P network....

SAME ISSUE. it was working fine few weeks ago though. discover weekly and release radar works fine.

it's kinda frustrating having to open the album rather that just clicking on the play button. I hope someone fixes this. 

I have the same issue (MAC app) and it is frustrating. 

Same problem. Macbook Pro.

I am having the same issue as well. This is happening on my two WIndows 10 computers. One is a Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB and the other is a Windows 10 Home version.

Spotify version: 1.0.62.508.g2c497f24

An uninstall and reinstall did not resolve the issue.

Exact same issue here. Custom built PC on Windows 10. Tried uninstalling, removing all local cache files, reinstalling, restarting repeatedly, etc.

Any song that shows as an "Album Card" (Picture of an album with superimposed play button and 3 dot menu) won't play, although the play symbol does change to pause. Additionally, "Add to Queue" in the menu for these tracks does not work either. In fact, twice when I've attempted to "Add to Queue" it actually cleared my existing queue.

The tracks essentially act like they're playing but display no time and nothing plays.

Issue is exclusive to my PC - doesn't happen on Android app on same account/network.

Issue happens for any song not in a list regardless of location (tested in every previously mentioned location).

Any assistance would be great. I primarily use spotify to browse music and recommendations - this makes the process incredibly tedious as I have to add everything to a playlist one by one now in order to browse.

Same problem here as well, same version (latest) as posted here as well.

Happens to all cover art play buttons for new releases and discovery.  Happens whether I'm playing something already or trying them right after I start the app.

Anything I'm playing will stop, and the album clicked will turn green like it's playing but it doesn't.  The cover art in the bottom left corner does not however change to what I clicked and remains at what I was playing before but all music stops.

This happens to ALL items under New Releases, ALL items under Discover and ALL items under Related Artists.  If I click INTO the album that won't play and click a track, it plays.

Amazing......  I think we may have to start looking for Spotify replacement....

Suggested posts