Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

Windows computer - laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Just today, not had this issue before, I noticed that when I save an album, it doesn't also save the songs in the album. That is, the "+" mark doesn't change to an "V" even though it says the album is "Saved". I have tested this with several artists and albums, same problem every time. I have deleted my cache and even reinstalled the spotify destop app, but it didn't change anything.

Can anyone help?

8 Replies

Yeah, they changed the app on all other devices so that you have to "like' the songs for them to go into your song list..(which on all other apps is now called "liked songs".)  As far as I can tell, the pc app doesn't have a like button anywhere so there's no way to add albums to your song list unless you use another app and choose "like all songs." It's pretty borked up. 

I was wondering the exact same thing.

When I listen to a cool album, I like to save it in my library to shuffle it later.

Now this is impossible because saved albums only appear in the "Albums" section (which doesn't have a shuffle option).

I really don't get the point of this update as it is just a backward step from everything we have seen before.

"At night the moon became
A woman’s face
I met the Spirit of Music"

-Jim Morrison-

Ok.. I think I figured it out. On the PC app pressing the save button just saves the album to the album list. To save the songs you have to then press the plus symbols next to each and every song on the list.  (I thought this downloaded the song to your system but apparently not.) To actually download the songs to your system you have to save the album and then download the album from your albums list. 

This effectively allows you to separate the song list and the album list.. you can have albums saved that aren't put in your song list and songs saved that aren't in your album list. However, other apps don't have the + symbol and so use the heart/like option to do the same thing which makes it way harder to organize music on other apps. Your only option there is to either choose "Like all songs" from the pull down menu or to go through each song seperately and "heart" the ones you want in your song list. 

I came to the same conclusions but why was the albums and the titles separated ? I don't get the utility of such an update.

What was simple weeks ago (one click to save every track of an album in our library) is absurdly complicated today (let's say 10 clicks to have all of the tracks and just imagine if you have a grindcore album or other genres with a LOT of tracks in a single album).

Moreover, if you want your tracks in the correct order, you have to save them from the bottom to the top. It's becoming ridiculous...

A woman’s face

-Jim Morrison-

Yeah.. It does give you more control but in a much more complicated way than it needs to be. They also haven't realized how important album covers are when scrolling through and organizing music. 

Exactly ! And I take the risk to affirm that 90% of the users are using the "Save" button to have the tracks in their library and not to separate "favorite albums" and "liked tracks".

I mean, before you could separate them. You just had to click the "plus" on the track you liked if you wanted to have only the song and not the album. And it is obviously more practical to click on a few tracks to save them and to have the "save" button if you want them all, than the actual situation.

A woman’s face

-Jim Morrison-

This was really important to have. When you saved an album to listen to it later ALL songs have been added to the "Songs" playlist. And that way you easily could exceed the 10,000 songs limit. When I save an album it does not mean that I like all songs of it.

This was really important to have. When you saved an album to listen to it later ALL songs have been added to the "Songs" playlist. And that way you easily could exceed the 10,000 songs limit. When I save an album it does not mean that I like all songs of it.

Suggested posts