Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs playing off sync with timer / songs starting in the middle of track

Songs playing off sync with timer / songs starting in the middle of track

This problem only seems to be happening on the desktop Windows app. I've done a full reinstall of Spotify hoping that would fix the issue, and it doesn't.
Essentially, the song timer and song seem to be out of sync. It's difficult to describe without an example, so here is one:
I open Spotify and start playing Song A. Song A seems to play fine, until the very end of the track. As Song A continues to play, Spotify will advance to Song B and the progress bar will continue (while Song A is continuing to play). When Song A finally ends, let's say 20 seconds in to the progress bar on Song B, Song B will begin playing at that 20 second mark (Song B begins in middle of song). This happens back to back to. Nothing I seem to do fixes it.
1 Reply

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

If you're experiencing issues on your desktop app here are a few things you can try to get this fixed:

• Toggle off "Enable hardware acceleration" in your Settings. 
  • Check the firewall on your device and make sure Spotify is "whitelisted"
  • Turn off VPN services (if in use).
  • Disable any antivirus or ad-blocking software that might be affecting the app.  
  • Try accessing the web player before re-attempting to log back in to the desktop client.

If the above tactics don't work, it'd be great if you could tell us the exact make and model of the affected device, its operating system, as well as your Spotify version. Any screenshots you can provide will also be helpful to identify what's causing the issue.

Hope something here helps and does the trick for you. Let us know how it goes 🙂 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts