Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs start and stop every 4 seconds..HELP!!!!

Songs start and stop every 4 seconds..HELP!!!!

For the first time I'm having issues with my spotify desktop version.  First it has slowed to a snails pace and when I finally get the song to play it plays for about 4 seconds and then pauses.  Its says the song can't be played.  Then it plays again for about 4 seconds and the process repeats over and over.  I've unistalled and reinstalled, but it didn't help.  Any ideas??

7 Replies

This started doing this to me today too! It started with a couple songs and if I clicked forward into the song, it would play for a bit and then stop again!! Now, it is every single song! I click to the next song and it does it half way through that too! It is driving me crazy! I pay for Premium so someone needs to fix this! I, too, just switched to Windows 10 recently so is there a problem with this??  I tried the accelleration thingie and restarting/reinstalling etc. Nothing helps. HELP!!!

Does anyone have any information on this?  Is there a fix?  Are they working on a fix?  Should we change music players?

Hey @chip19 and @Olivertwist7

If by chance you have Spotify connected to Discord, try disconnecting them, or log out of Discord to see if that helps.

Keep me posted. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Nope. I also logged out of everything in my account, just in case that was the issue. Still same problem. I've tried everything. Hmm.  Windows 10 issue?

I read that in one of the post and I do not have discord. I wish that was it. Thanks for the suggestion.

I’ve been using windows 10 for months now with no issues. It just happened to me this week. Phone app works fine. Just the desktop giving me issues. I deleted cache everywhere I could find it and I got to where it would pause twice then play the rest of the song. It still takes 30 to 45 seconds to load though.

@chip19@Olivertwist7

Could you try out the following?

Clean reinstall:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.

2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Now reinstall Spotify.

It's always useful to make sure important Windows updates are also installed. 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts