Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! Cant download songs

Hello, recently I have bought a new HD and I have not been able to download my songs, am I doing something wrong? I do not find the download button, and yes, I have logged out and in, I only have 2 devices, and I am not anywhere near 3,333 songs.By t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, recently I have bought a new HD and I have not been able to download my songs, am I doing something wrong? I do not find the download button, and yes, I have logged out and in, I only have 2 d...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

What is the Clipboard and how do I use it?

I've been sharing playlists that I've created to my website for months by simply right-clicking on the playlist, copying the link, and then pasting it seamlessly. Unfortunately, as is often the case, Spotify has decided to make things more complicate...

• Music Fan
  • I've been sharing playlists that I've created to my website for months by simply right-clicking on the playlist, copying the link, and then pasting it seamlessly. Unfortunately, as is often the case,...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes

ca. 30 of my 105 songs in a playlist got very quiet!

Hello, so I have a problem since I bought a new Headset (HyperX Cloud II) with circa 30 songs of my playlist. The 30 songs got very quiet and I cant turn up the volume because the others would be too loud. It works fine on my phone and my laptop so i...

• Regular
  • Hello, so I have a problem since I bought a new Headset (HyperX Cloud II) with circa 30 songs of my playlist. The 30 songs got very quiet and I cant turn up the volume because the others would be too...
  • Alpollo13
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not syncing multiple devices

Spotify on my phone and pc are operating independently while logged onto the same account, not allowing controls to work from one device to the other

• Spotify on my phone and pc are operating independently while logged onto the same account, not allowing controls to work from one device to the other
  • jjmcfly
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Danish s*x toy ad on Spotify!?

Dear Spotify, Don't distribute s*x toy ads, not even if the account's age is 18+. I don't need to explain why. Just remove them.(The specific ad I'm talking about is from "Orion-erotik") Thanks in advance.Simon.

• Regular
  • Dear Spotify,   Don't distribute s*x toy ads, not even if the account's age is 18+.  I don't need to explain why. Just remove them. (The specific ad I'm talking about is from "Orion-ero...
  • Erika
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

They dont want us to share music privately. Thats the only thing im seeing here.

• Casual Listener
  • They dont want us to share music privately. Thats the only thing im seeing here. 
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Por qué no puedo empezar a reproducir un álbum por la canción que quiero sin tener que abrir la opci

Hola:Por Que No puedo empezar un Reproducir un álbum Por La canción que quiero, sin Tener que abrir la opción "cola"?

• Regular
  • Hola: Por Que No puedo empezar un Reproducir un álbum Por La canción que quiero, sin Tener que abrir la opción "cola"?
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Missing Playlist URI

I need Playlist URIs to be brought back, you brought it back for about a day and then removed it again in the latest updates. As noted here. I commented here that you removed it in the latest version. but received no acknowledgement. Please push an u...

• Not applicable
  • I need Playlist URIs to be brought back, you brought it back for about a day and then removed it again in the latest updates.  As noted here. I commented here that you removed it in the la...
  • TheMelanieGrace
  • Music Fan
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

All tracks unavailable

Good afternoon, I am trying to listen music in the pc but when I select any song it appears unavailable and asks me to uploaded from the pc if I have the file. In my phone I can use Spotify without problems. How can I solve this issue? Thank you very...

• Not applicable
  • Good afternoon,   I am trying to listen music in the pc but when I select any song it appears unavailable and asks me to uploaded from the pc if I have the file. In my phone I can use Spotify ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't play the selected song

Hi guys, For now 1 week, I cannot choose a song on a saved album, Spotify will just play another one, I have to scroll to the next and next and next to find the one I wanted. It's not happening on my playlists, just the saved albums. I just can't pla...

• Music Fan
  • Hi guys,     For now 1 week, I cannot choose a song on a saved album, Spotify will just play another one, I have to scroll to the next and next and next to find the one I wanted.  ...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hiccup/Stutter Fix for Windows 10?

My PC build and internet specs are far above whatever Spotify needs for a Premium user. My OS build is Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 Build 14393.969. Getting a stutter/interrupt on all songs during playback every 5 seconds or so. Downloaded or not. Con...

• Casual Listener
  • My PC build and internet specs are far above whatever Spotify needs for a Premium user.   My OS build is Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 Build 14393.969.   Getting a stutter/interrupt on al...
  • noalkeke
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify automatically switch playback to phone sometimes

Hi, I face rather odd issue, and its happening since today, maybe it's some last update.Basically, without any relation to what I play on spotify, it seems to sometimes, after for example 10 minutes, or a hour, randomly, switch to phone and really pl...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I face rather odd issue, and its happening since today, maybe it's some last update. Basically, without any relation to what I play on spotify, it seems to sometimes, after for example ...
  • Yordan
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! When I shuffle a playlist, it wont get shuffled.

When I choose a playlist in my library and press play, it play all the songs in order. When I press shuffle, every song still gets played in order. When i've choosen a song to begin with and then skip it with shuffle on it starts from the begining bu...

• Casual Listener
  • When I choose a playlist in my library and press play, it play all the songs in order. When I press shuffle, every song still gets played in order. When i've choosen a song to begin with and then ski...
  • Extronia
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Shuffle not working at all

Hello there!When I try to shuffle a playlist (any playlist) on the Spotify Desktop client (Windows 7, Version 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8) it plays in the exact order of the original playlist, no matter if shuffle is enabled or not. Also this happens with t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello there! When I try to shuffle a playlist (any playlist) on the Spotify Desktop client (Windows 7, Version 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8) it plays in the exact order of the original playlist, no mat...
  • fritz_f
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Playlists not shuffling

Shuffle function isn't working on my playlists, no matter when I turn it off and then on again, close spotify and reboot I get the same result. Happens as well on my iPhone 6. Any ideas or is it a bug?

• Casual Listener
  • Shuffle function isn't working on my playlists, no matter when I turn it off and then on again, close spotify and reboot I get the same result. Happens as well on my iPhone 6. Any ideas or is it a bu...
  • Nomis1
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution [Windows 10] Spotify rapidly pauses and unpauses

My Spotify on my laptop will not stop glitching out. If I play any song, it'll rapidly unpause and pause again like I'm holding down the spacebar, making most music I listen to downright choppy or unbearable. I also have uninstalled and reinstalled i...

• My Spotify on my laptop will not stop glitching out. If I play any song, it'll rapidly unpause and pause again like I'm holding down the spacebar, making most music I listen to downright choppy or un...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify lets me log in for a few seconds the logs me out and says incorrect password

https://i.gyazo.com/c160f3cba7ba1e7b0439941fc0ff4828.mp4 here is a gif of the event. Nothing seems to be working, any ideas what is happening here? I was randomly logged out and havent been able to get back in since

• https://i.gyazo.com/c160f3cba7ba1e7b0439941fc0ff4828.mp4 here is a gif of the event. Nothing seems to be working, any ideas what is happening here? I was randomly logged out and havent been able to g...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

getting error code 408

hi i am live in iran and love to use spotify but when i was trying to connect spotify getting error code 408that means my country whitch i choose in spotify accounts doesnt match with my ipwell i went to the account and searching for iran there isnt ...

• hi i am live in iran and love to use spotify  but when i was trying to connect spotify getting error code 408 that means my country whitch i choose in spotify accounts doesnt match with my ip ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't share

I was until now able to share an idividual song to facebook by right clicking on the song which opened a box from which I selected facebook and it was shared, wonderful. Now when I right click the song It opens up a box that says share link to clipbo...

• Regular
  •  I was until now able to share an idividual song to facebook by right clicking on the song which opened a box from which I selected facebook and it was shared, wonderful. Now when I right click ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Constant crashing - I have Spotify Premium everytime I open it it crashes immediately

Using Windows 7 on PC. For months this has been happening, usually immediately the programme opens and always within minutes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled - no difference. Does Spotify not provide any customer service - I'm paying £10 a month for...

• Using Windows 7 on PC.    For months this has been happening, usually immediately the programme opens and always within minutes.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled - no difference....
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes