Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong song playing on desktop Spotify. Right song plays on mobile Spotify.

Wrong song playing on desktop Spotify. Right song plays on mobile Spotify.

Whenever I play the same playlist on 2 different devices, one of the songs on the playlist plays differently. On desktop, playing 'Jocelyn Flores' by XXXTentacion actually plays 'The Explanation', whereas mobile doesn't have this problem.

2 Replies

Hey @whatatreebark

That looks odd.

I would propose a clean reinstall of your desktop client. 🙂 Here's how it's done:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.

2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Now reinstall Spotify.

Sometimes programs (especially this size) may get errors in their system files resulting in these weird things happening, and need to be refreshed.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've noticed the same issue with at least one song on 3 different devices: 1 Android mobile phone, my office PC and my home laptop. On my mobile I have a playlist with this song playing The Battle Of Evermore - Mandolin / Guitar Mix From Headley Grange with 4:13 minutes in lenght, but then I switch devices to either the PC or laptop and the song playing is 1:23 minutes in lenght, same song but a different version of it.

EDIT: And to make things worse, I just opened this link and the correct track (4:13) is playing in the browser 😕

The Battle Of Evermore - Mandolin / Guitar Mix From Headley Grange

Suggested posts