Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

I don't find my friend :(

Hi all I've a friend who as a spotify account with a lot of playlist, he's also in my Facebook friend, but, when i clic on ''find a friend'' i find other friends but not him ?Maybe someone know why ? Thanks for your help and i'm sorry for my bad engl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all   I've a friend who as a spotify account with a lot of playlist, he's also in my Facebook friend, but, when i clic on ''find a friend'' i find other friends but not him ? Maybe someone...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify opens, but doesn't start up and dings repeatedly (Windows 7)

At some point Spotify stopped working properly. This happened a few months ago and have yet to find any solution. Spotify opens up, but stays black, and the only menus available are File, Edit, and View. Also the Windows error sound dings rapidly and...

spotify_wont_start.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  •   At some point Spotify stopped working properly.  This happened a few months ago and have yet to find any solution.  Spotify opens up, but stays black, and the only menus available...
  • Rec-Tech
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

cant logg in to my account error 404 but any other accounts work

Hello there, So my Problem is... I have 2 Accounts the Main Acc i wanted to Logg in and the "Old" one that work. now i want to Logg in, on my windows desktop programm but there is the error 404. Than i look for some posts "what is error 404". I saw t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello there,  So my Problem is...  I have 2 Accounts the Main Acc i wanted to Logg in and the "Old" one that work. now i want to Logg in, on my windows desktop programm but there is the e...
  • schmiddiline
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to add my own playlists to a folder

I saw that many other people had the issue that I has, wher they were unable to add any playlists to a playlist folder. However, they each found solutions by creating a new playlist in the folder, then adding their playlists, then simply deleting the...

• I saw that many other people had the issue that I has, wher they were unable to add any playlists to a playlist folder. However, they each found solutions by creating a new playlist in the folder, th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify installation problem

I had the regular PC version of Spotify on my desktop PC running Windows 10. It worked perfectly until this summer, when Spotify released the app in the Windows Store.I went ahead and installed the app.....but didn't realize I was supposed to uninsta...

• I had the regular PC version of Spotify on my desktop PC running Windows 10.   It worked perfectly until this summer, when Spotify released the app in the Windows Store. I went ahead and in...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

why does my playlist not play

Hi There I can't understand why my playlist won't play on my Echo Dot, I have premium, the problem is this: When I'm on the Spotify app on my laptop most songs will play both on my laptop and on my Dot, when I try and play a song form my local files ...

• Hi There   I can't understand why my playlist won't play on my Echo Dot, I have premium, the problem is this:  When I'm on the Spotify app on my laptop most songs will play both on my lap...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Will you fix the shuffle feature? It repeats only some songs over and over again

I've been asking (not only me) why the "shuffle" only shuffles the same list of songs and only that. There should be a feature that really randomize the whole playlists and that it make a start in any part of the playlist without repaeting all the sa...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been asking  (not only me) why the "shuffle" only shuffles the same list of songs and only that. There should be a feature that really randomize the whole playlists and that it make a start...
  • Javierba
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Android
    shuffle
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Install & Launch Errors: Error Code 53, Error Code 17 & This program is blocked by group policy

There have been dozens upon dozens of posts relating to the dreaded 'error code 17' and equally dozens of proposed solutions.One that stands out is written by one of Spotify's own, Peter, titled '[Tutorial][Windows] How to Fix Error 17 (Installer)'.I...

SpotifyError5317.png SpotifyGPO.png SpotifyMovex86.png SpotifyMovex64.png
  • Roadie
  • There have been dozens upon dozens of posts relating to the dreaded 'error code 17' and equally dozens of proposed solutions. One that stands out is written by one of Spotify's own, Peter, titled '[...
  • TheCurvyGoddess
  • 77 replies
  • 66 likes
  • Windows
  • 77 replies
  • 66 likes

Spotify tries to connect...

On my smartphone (S8+) spotify works perfectly, but when I type in my log in data on desktop version it stays in the log in process forever.spotify website log in - no problem.I reinstalled spotify several times. pls help

• On my  smartphone (S8+) spotify works perfectly, but when I type in my log in data on desktop version it stays in the log in process forever. spotify website log in - no problem. I reinstalled...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not working

When I click on a song to play the song appears on screen in the left bottom corner for a split second and then disappears.

• When I click on a song to play the song appears on screen in the left bottom corner for a split second and then disappears.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files

Hello!I have tried almost everything trying to get my songs from my computer to my phone. Right now, I am connected to a hotspot to my phone from my computer, my firewall is turned off, and playlists on my phone and desktop are set to download. My fi...

• Hello! I have tried almost everything trying to get my songs from my computer to my phone. Right now, I am connected to a hotspot to my phone from my computer, my firewall is turned off, and playlis...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Import from iTunes not working

I love Spotify but just started using it full-time around three months ago. Before then I got all my songs from iTunes and now have around 250 songs that I'd like to import to Spotify. I organized them into playlists and followed all the instructions...

• I love Spotify but just started using it full-time around three months ago.  Before then I got all my songs from iTunes and now have around 250 songs that I'd like to import to Spotify. I o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Keeps skipping tracks

When I play anything from the windows app, it just keeps skipping tracks for a few minutes, and then stops. I can't play anything.

• When I play anything from the windows app, it just keeps skipping tracks for a few minutes, and then stops. I can't play anything. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Please add the heart button to regular playlists.

I like that I can heart music on the Discover Weekly list, but I often don't know if I really like a song until I've had it in my lineup for a few weeks, but in the ordinary playlists, there is no option to "heart" a song.

• Regular
  • I like that I can heart music on the Discover Weekly list, but I often don't know if I really like a song until I've had it in my lineup for a few weeks, but in the ordinary playlists, there is no op...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Scroll bug

Today I encountered this strange behaviour. Spotify scroll to the end of the page which can be problematic with artists that have a lot of song and albums.These are the steps to reproduce this bug:Go to any artist page.Choose About tab.Scroll to the ...

• Today I encountered this strange behaviour. Spotify scroll to the end of the page which can be problematic with artists that have a lot of song and albums. These are the steps to reproduce this...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Track Arrangement (UNSORTED but Can't Move)

I created a playlist and initially had no trouble moving the tracks around. However, after a few weeks of not doing anything with it, I added a song to it recently and just now tried to move it. It won't move. None of the songs will move. Please don'...

• I created a playlist and initially had no trouble moving the tracks around. However, after a few weeks of not doing anything with it, I added a song to it recently and just now tried to move it. It w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! All my songs ar unavailable

When I go to play a playlist on Spotify it skips through all the songs and stops on the last song. I didn't think much of this at first, though when I went to play my DAILY mix it didn't work.... "This song is unavailable" or something

• Casual Listener
  • When I go to play a playlist on Spotify it skips through all the songs and stops on the last song. I didn't think much of this at first, though when I went to play my DAILY mix it didn't work.... "Th...
  • -Aqua-
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No music plays

I just installed spotify again after a few years of not using it. I've tried to play tracks on the web player and desktop app but get nothing.The play button changes to pause but the track doesn't play and it quickly skips to the next track over and ...

• I just installed spotify again after a few years of not using it. I've tried to play tracks on the web player and desktop app but get nothing. The play button changes to pause but the track doesn't ...
  • Nerano
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

SB Touch, Spotty and Win 10

Just installed new OS and having problems with SB touch. Actually SB Touch has not worked properly since Spotify stopped support. Waited for New OS till I attacked this problem. SB touch is hardwired to the desktop and it works with Soma FM, but I no...

• Casual Listener
  • Just installed new OS and having problems with SB touch. Actually SB Touch has not worked properly since Spotify stopped support. Waited for New OS till I attacked this problem. SB touch is hardwired...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to invite from Family Share tab

Unfortunately i can not invite anyone under my "premium for family" account. After logging in, I have gone into my "account" tab, went to the "premium for family" tab...and it is blank under the tab... no ablity to invite anyone. I have been paying f...

• Casual Listener
  • Unfortunately i can not invite anyone under my "premium for family" account.  After logging in, I have gone into my "account" tab, went to the "premium for family" tab...and it is blan...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes