Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows Store Version

Windows Store Version

Hi,

I'm having trouble installing the "non windows store" version of spotify.

I use a plugin called Equalify Pro (which is very important to me) and it is not compatible with the windows store version of spotify.

I've always had the desktop version installed and never tried to update/"upgrade" to the windows store version. The plugin worked fine on the desktop version of spotify until 3 days ago when spotify automatically updated itself to the windows store version.

I opened a thread on Equalify's forums, the owner and some members of the staff did everything they could to help me but we just can't figure it out.

I have made a video of the process of unninstalling and reinstalling spotify to show how it always installs the store version even though i'm installing from a file downloaded from the website. Here's the video: https://youtu.be/4iuCLZoCYlk

Please help, listening to spotify without a equalizer is as good as eating candy without unwraping it.

Thanks!

2.PNG
4 Replies

Hey @facaine

That's not cool!

Could you try the offline installer and see if that ends up in this way as well?

Here's the link to it.

Keep me posted. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am also having this problem and I want the non-windows store version for the same reason 😞

I've also raised this with Equalify support.

Unfortunetly the full install didn't do the trick.

erase folder

c:\windows\Programme\WindowsApps\Spotifyxxxxxxx

Suggested posts