Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs stuttering the first 7 seconds for like 3-4 times

Songs stuttering the first 7 seconds for like 3-4 times

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've been using the windows 10 app and noticed every song I've played before starts stuttering after 5-7 seconds a few times and then continues. I've done a cache removal, I've changed the temporary folder to another drive and the issues still came back. I switched to the regular desktop app and the problem came back again. I tried this on my laptop too and it started doing the exact same thing. Has there been found any solution to this? I keep seeing people bring it up on some places but never receiving an answer.

1 Reply

Hi there @Noisedev,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

First we suggest that you're running the latest version. You can check this article out on how you'll always make sure that it's up to date.

If the issue persists we'd like to suggest that you remove all lines from your hosts file by following the steps bellow:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

If that doesn't do the trick, can you perform a clean reinstall? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If you've done all the troubleshooting above without success, can you let us know which version of the app you're running?

We'll keep an  eye out for your reply 🙂
Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts