Premium

Country

Belgium 

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

If you want to listen to a song or add a new song to your playlist, you go to the search bar. When I want to be able to play a new song that I really like, I can't listen to it at all. I have to do the following:
1. Search the song
2. Add it to a playlist
3. Reinstall spotify completely

4. Enjoy the song

Note: Spotify only lets me listen to songs that I've already added to a playlist, listened to, or downloaded. So if I go to one of the "This Is ...." for example "Pearl Jam", it only shows 7 songs. For "Stone Temple Pilots" it shows 2 songs. (Attachment)

I'm also not in a private session either.

However, this doesn't need to be done on my android phone (Nokia 6).
Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_8.png
Screenshot_9.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @SShy.

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community - we'll be glad to help you out 🙂

It sounds like this might be a connection issue. Could you try checking that your PC is connected to your network properly, and that there aren't any firewalls blocking it? 

Also, just to confirm, are you currently using a proxy? If not, head to the Spotify Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Proxy, and make sure it's set to "No".

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @SShy.

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community - we'll be glad to help you out 🙂

It sounds like this might be a connection issue. Could you try checking that your PC is connected to your network properly, and that there aren't any firewalls blocking it? 

Also, just to confirm, are you currently using a proxy? If not, head to the Spotify Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Proxy, and make sure it's set to "No".

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help.

Hi Peter

My pc is connected to ethernet, so there's no problem there.

On the other hand, turning off the proxy has solved the issue completely.

Thanks for helping me out!

This thread can be closed now.

Suggested posts