Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify: A firewall may be blocking spotify. Please update your firewall to allow spotify.

Solved!

Spotify: A firewall may be blocking spotify. Please update your firewall to allow spotify.

Plan

Free

Country Canada

Device

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Everytime i try to login my spotify account, the firewall issue keeps on coming up. Ive tried to delete it, check if my country is still the same, tried a different account, tried a vpn, everything.

spotify glitch.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey!

I had this same issue when I first joined Spotify.

There are a few ways to fix it. Mine was a little more complicated than some other ways. Heres how I fixed mine.

1) In the windows search bar type in Windows Defender Firewall

2) Once you click the first box it should bring you to a control panel page. On that page in the top left corner, click "Allow an App or Feature".

3) Make sure to click the "Change Settings" button at the top.

4) Scroll down to any and all items labeled Spotify and allow them both publicly and privately.

5) Restart your computer after saving the settings.

If that doesn't work, make sure you're on the latest version of Spotify and ALSO make sure your internet connection isn't blocking it if your home/school network has protections installed.

I hope I was of help.

-Colin

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey!

I had this same issue when I first joined Spotify.

There are a few ways to fix it. Mine was a little more complicated than some other ways. Heres how I fixed mine.

1) In the windows search bar type in Windows Defender Firewall

2) Once you click the first box it should bring you to a control panel page. On that page in the top left corner, click "Allow an App or Feature".

3) Make sure to click the "Change Settings" button at the top.

4) Scroll down to any and all items labeled Spotify and allow them both publicly and privately.

5) Restart your computer after saving the settings.

If that doesn't work, make sure you're on the latest version of Spotify and ALSO make sure your internet connection isn't blocking it if your home/school network has protections installed.

I hope I was of help.

-Colin

(or try turning off your firewall completely. It's enabled by default) 😄

The appropriate fix is the responibility of Spotify: do not communicate with my computer on blocked protocols and ports.

Spotify is now showing up in my apps and I tried disabling my firewall that also didn't work I also have the problem that as soon as I sign in it says "something went wrong please reload" on the browser and the app. I tried signing in on a friends account that also did not do anything I got the same result. After trying many different things the form said on it I changed the dns and what not then restarted my pc and nothing seems to work idk what's up bc at one point it did work now it doesn't.

Screenshot (42).png

Hey @MasonMcNeill,

Thanks for reaching out.

If the above suggestions haven't helped, we'd suggest disabling your antivirus software temporarily to check if this is the cause of the issue. If it works then, please check it's settings and make sure that Spotify is set as an exception.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts