Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect stopped working on some User account(s)

Solved!

Spotify Connect stopped working on some User account(s)

Plan

Premium for Family

Country

Hong Kong

Device

PC, iPad, Android Tablet, Spotify Speakers

Operating System

Windows 10, iOS 12, Android 7

I found Spotify Connect stoped working on the Desktop App since last Saturday.

But after some trial and error troubleshooting, I found it only affects specific account login(s) on the Desktop App.

I have several tablets with iOS/Android Apps and a few Spotify speakers.

I have tested it on my Primary and Secondary spotify accounts. The primary account on the desktop app appears to be completely isolated from the mobile Apps and Speakers. It would appear that the spotify speakers are constantly denying the connection from the desktop app.

But once I switched to my secondoary account on the desktop app (and mobile apps) it all works properly in sync.

So I suspect the problem is somehow related to the user account and not all users are affected.

Uninstalling and re-installing the desktop app (along with using CCleaner to clean up the registory) appear to fix the problem (for the primary account) at first start up. But then the problem reappears after closing and restarting the desktop app.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have solved this by contacting the Spotify support at https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

They offer to transfer everything I have in the problematic spotify account to a new account .

Now everything is working as expected under the new account.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

P.S. I did the "Sign out everywhere" and changed the user password but it didn't help fixing anyting

Marked as solution

I have solved this by contacting the Spotify support at https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

They offer to transfer everything I have in the problematic spotify account to a new account .

Now everything is working as expected under the new account.

I had set my phone to offline mode, and had a few puffs, couldn't figure out why i could not connect the two spotify's.  Had a DOH! moment and was connected seconds after going back 'online'.  Just a quick check on that maybe some help.

Suggested posts