Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Desktop resizes window too large after minimizing and getting back to it

Solved!

Spotify Desktop resizes window too large after minimizing and getting back to it

Plan

Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I got a weird bug after the latest update on Spotify Desktop. When I shrink the window size to a more compact size and minimize it, Spotify always gets bigger when I open it up again.

I already reinstalled it and still get the same bug.

35 Replies

Dear [Spotify Support Team or Appropriate Greeting],

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my concern and frustration regarding an ongoing issue with the Spotify platform that has persisted for an extended period, now spanning five years, without a resolution.

The issue in question is outlined in the community post titled "Spotify Desktop resizes window too large after minimizing and getting back to it" on The Spotify Community platform.

Given the extended duration of this problem, it raises significant questions about the effectiveness of addressing it and providing users with a satisfactory solution. Users depend on Spotify for their music and podcast needs, and having persistent issues can affect their overall experience.

I kindly request that you look into this matter comprehensively and provide the community with an update on the steps taken to address the issue. Timely communication and transparency regarding problem-solving efforts are crucial for maintaining the trust of Spotify's user base and ensuring a positive user experience.

Your prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to receiving updates on the progress made towards resolving this issue.

Thank you for your commitment to improving the Spotify platform.

Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

We're happy to say that this issue should be fixed now. Just make sure to update your app to the latest version available. 

If anyone's still experiencing the issue after updating, make sure to let us know and send the exact app version.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I will update the app, thank you very much!

Thanks for the info!

It would be great if the issue has been fixed!

I checked the updates, but for now the last/currently available version seems to be v.1.224.756.0 installed on November 12th 2023.

When can I expect the update to go online for the Microsoft Store version?

Okay, the issue really seems to be fixed 😍

Thanks for this!

I think this fixed mine too; or at least, things appeared to be workign correctly today. Thank you.

mine has been fixed thank you!

Holy **bleep** - can't believe this is finally fixed, so good.

Thank you to everyone that contributed, I feel like between several of us we managed to hone in on what this bug was and how it could be replicated..

I've noticed this with whatever PC desktop build Spotify has now. The app does not keep the size to which I set it.

@TheSoulRider

Did you check for updates?

Also would you please tell which kind of application (Desktop or Microsoft Store) and which version you're using (should be visible via the app by clicking on the three dots -> Help -> About Spotify)?

Dear Spotify Community Team,

thank you for your support and efforts. I haven't experienced this issue for a long time now. I think it really is fixed.

Thank you for everything and I wish you a great time.

zonesar

Still does it on the app, it's rather infuriating!  Won't subscribe until it's fixed!!

@Ethericboxer
That's weird, as I didn't notice the issue for a while now, but this doesn't mean it can't happen to anyone else anyways.

Is the app updated to the latest version?

same issue and re-installing the app doesn't fix it. Replying this dated January 17, 2024. 🙂

Hi, I've been getting an issue where if I zoom out on the Spotify desktop version 'Spotify for Windows (64 bit)
1.2.30.1135.g02fef27a' the zoom resets to default every time I go back to the home screen, reinstalling doesn't seem to do anything to fix this. I believe this is the same issue described In the first post here. Is there a fix to this?

Hey guys, 

Thanks for letting us know, Apologies for the late post from us, we just came across this thread and saw the new replies. 

Sorry to hear that the issue still persists. @RobbieW680 thank you for including the Spotify version in your response, could I ask you guys to also send us what version you're running @jcweiz42, @Ethericboxer, @TheBango.

We`ll be troubleshooting on our end and post when we have more info to share.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts