Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

For the past 3 months or so whenever I swap windows or minimize Spotify there is a chance that the UI will completely freeze when I swap back to it. It will continue to play music if there is some playing at the time, but I cant swap tracks, make any searches or pause the song when that happens. If there isn't any music playing at the time I can't get it to play music at all. The only way I've found to fix it when this happens is to end the task through task manager and relaunch the program. I can exit with the X at the top, but when I relaunch after doing that it's still frozen.

It's been getting on my nerves lately since I have to relaunch the app like 2-3 times a day. Any idea what might be happening or how to fix it?

6 Replies

Hey there @123girr,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

We suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

your computer is how many in RAM ? 4go, 8Go or other.

it's normal what spotify is slow it works on the job with the RAM of your PC. for it to be fast he  need voted for spotify  chromium.

I have 16 GB and Spotify is only using about 100 MB at it's biggest load.
CPU: AMD Rysen 5 2600 6 Core
Ram: 16 GB DDR4
GPU: Geforce RTX 1060 Ti
Computer specs are not the problem here.

I've tried a clean re-install, still has the same issues though.

I can try an alternate account, but it might take a while to see if the issue really persists.

Hey @123girr

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

If you downloaded the app directly from our website, would you mind downloading it from the Microsoft Store and vice versa?

Also, let us know if you notice anything new whenever you're able to test this using a different account. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Every time I swap tabs on Google, the music cuts out and randomly might do it even while on one tab. (Windows 11)

Suggested posts