Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Friend Activity - Not recorded when output via Sonos from Spotify app.

Solved!

Spotify Friend Activity - Not recorded when output via Sonos from Spotify app.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Dell Windows Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hey Team,

I love the friend activity feature, I use it to see what family/friends are listening too, and some do with me. I noticed recently, members of my households activity (on their own Spotify accounts - Family) does not update onto my friend activity bar when using Spotify Connect to output to a Sonos speaker. This is the same the other way, when I am listening from Spotify via Sonos, my activity does not update. As soon as the output is a local device/etc the activity updates as expected. Please could this be investigated as this function has great potential but is extremely inaccurate in it's current form rendering it effectively useless. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Twitcherz90,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly shed some light on the situation.

Note that an accounts currently played track gets displayed in the Friend Activity only when they stream directly on a device. This means that when you are using Connect, the streams are not shown to your family and friends and this is expected behavior. 

You can submit an idea on our board though, that requests this feature. You can learn how to do this here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Twitcherz90,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly shed some light on the situation.

Note that an accounts currently played track gets displayed in the Friend Activity only when they stream directly on a device. This means that when you are using Connect, the streams are not shown to your family and friends and this is expected behavior. 

You can submit an idea on our board though, that requests this feature. You can learn how to do this here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for your feedback here Mihail, it's good to know it's not an issue but given how widely Spotify connect is used it would be great to see this functionality. I will submit a feature request as advised, thank you. 

Suggested posts