Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Offline not properly offline

Spotify Offline not properly offline

I cannot go offline on my desktop and listen on multiple devices. This works on mobile however, I can have two phones playing spotify if they're both in offline mode. The desktop will not relinquish control of the spotify account even when it's offline so that another device can play in online mode. The interesting thing is, The Desktop is for all intents and purposes, offline. It cannot play or search for songs that I haven't already downloaded.

2 Replies

Have you tried disconnecting your internet on Desktop? Because there is no Offline dedicated button for desktop, if you are disconnected from Internet then it automatically turns on the Offline more. That is the way it works for now.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi folks, 

Thank you for posting on the Community. 

@LeetleBean You can activate the Offline Mode on your desktop PC to keep it from connecting to the internet. Go to the menu bar, select File > Offline Mode.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you send us a video showing how you activate the Offline Mode and how the app keeps connecting to the internet? This can help us investigate further.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts