Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Not Even Sure Where to Start

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceHP LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Not sure what just happened. I left my computer for a while, it went into sleep mode, I came back, and Spotify was completely different. Everything is zoomed in, the ...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device HP Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Not sure what just happened. I left my computer for a while, it went into sleep mod...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution "We can't play this song until you allow this artist in the spotify phone app"

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceMobile & PCOperating SystemAndroid & Windows 10 My Question or IssueI'm trying to play music from the band "Pendulum" but whenever i press play i get a message popup saying:"Spotify We can't play this song until you allo...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Mobile & PC Operating System Android & Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm trying to play music from the band "Pendulum" but whenever i pre...
  • fpocs
  • Visitor
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes
  • allow
    allow this artist
    artist
    can't play song
    spotify phone app
    We can't play this song until you allow this artist in the spotify phone app
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution BUG: (New UI) Settings > Show Advanced Settings

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueToggles and buttons right column gets pushed out of view of canvas when windows size is smaller and not full screen.See imgur for screen shots.https://imgur.com/a/rlMP4sC

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Toggles and buttons right column gets pushed out of view of canvas when windows size is smaller...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't browse albums anymore with new Desktop UI

Operating System:Windows My Question or IssueI don't know how to word this without sounding odd, but I like to listen to my entire library, and the latest update prevents me from doing so. Usually I'll start at the end of my "recently added" list and...

• Casual Listener
  • Operating System: Windows   My Question or Issue I don't know how to word this without sounding odd, but I like to listen to my entire library, and the latest update prevents me from doing s...
  • cwylie
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium Family: Stopp nach jedem Titel der Playlist im Browser FF

PlanPremium FamilyCountry Germany DevicePCOperating SystemWin 10Firefox 81 WebplayerMy Question or IssueIch nutze das Mixtape bzw. diese Playlist. Leider stoppt die Musik nach jedem Titel?(in Opera funktioniert es - Musik spielt weiter) Wie kann ich ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Family Country Germany   Device PC Operating System Win 10 Firefox 81 Webplayer My Question or Issue Ich nutze das Mixtape bzw. diese Playlist. Leider stoppt die Musik n...
  • Eni
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sort by recently added missing now?

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceASUS Desktop Computer (PC)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMaybe I'm just missing a really obvious feature, but I seem to no longer be able to sort by "recently added". I'm only able to sort by "date...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device ASUS Desktop Computer (PC) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Maybe I'm just missing a really obvious feature, but I seem to n...
  • Eni
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • added
    recently
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Alt-left and Alt-right to go back and forward not working

Operating SystemWindows 10 (tested on 3 installations) Spotify v1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de-a The alt-left and alt-right shortcuts have stopped working with the latest update to the new interface. The Ctrl-/ popup says that the shortcut is now Ctrl-Alt-left...

• Regular
  • Operating System Windows 10 (tested on 3 installations)   Spotify v1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de-a   The alt-left and alt-right shortcuts have stopped working with the latest update to the new ...
  • Eni
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast issue

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceDell computerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhy isn't "Impaulsive - Logan Paul" podcast playing? It plays nothing but ads for minutes and then nothing. I've tried logging in and out and refreshing the...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Dell computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Why isn't "Impaulsive - Logan Paul" podcast playing? It plays nothing but ads fo...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • podcast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New Update: WHYYYY?!

PlanFree/PremiumCountryGermanyDeviceAsus ZenBookOperating SystemWindows10 My Question or IssueThere are primarily 5 issues with the new Update. Its fine if Spotify wants to optimise stuff and streamline the UX. BUT why does it come with a removal of ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Germany Device Asus ZenBook Operating System Windows10   My Question or Issue There are primarily 5 issues with the new Update. Its fine if Spotify wants to o...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes

New UI is TERRIBLE! How can I revert?

Im on the Windows version of the app I've downloaded off the Spotify main website.I randomly got an update and the new UI is actually terrible.You have to click on 2 or 3 more tabs to access the same content, and now that the content is split up. I c...

• Casual Listener
  • Im on the Windows version of the app I've downloaded off the Spotify main website. I randomly got an update and the new UI is actually terrible. You have to click on 2 or 3 more tabs to access ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes

Superuser Contribution Suggestion to have the option to make the desktop app easier on the eyes

Can we please get a compact mode? I promise to god I am not sitting 10 feet away from my monitor. I have to lean back from my desk to make it comfortable to look at.I'd like to see more than 10 tracks at a time. I'd like for the header of any given p...

• Can we please get a compact mode? I promise to god I am not sitting 10 feet away from my monitor. I have to lean back from my desk to make it comfortable to look at. I'd like to see more than 10 t...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop][Podcasts] Why can't I sort podcasts by newest episodes on the desktop version?

I use Spotify on Android and Windows while I'm at home. I use it for both music and podcasts.In the Android version of Spotify, when I open my podcasts list, it will sort it by the newest episodes of all of my subscribed podcasts. The desktop version...

• Visitor
  • I use Spotify on Android and Windows while I'm at home. I use it for both music and podcasts. In the Android version of Spotify, when I open my podcasts list, it will sort it by the newest episodes ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Will Spotify download and run on 32 bit Ubuntu?

I have an older 32 bit laptop running Ubuntu and I want to install Spotify. Do we have a 32 bit version of Spotify?

• Casual Listener
  • I have an older 32 bit laptop running Ubuntu and I want to install Spotify. Do we have a 32 bit version of Spotify?
  • raf0154
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution bug in new -a version

Hi all, Spotify just updated itself to the new "-a" version on my Windows devices, and I'm sorry to have to report a bug. (full version # is 1.1.55.498.gf9a83c60-a ) . You cannot edit playlists to cut and paste songs where you want them, either throu...

• Music Fan
  • Hi all, Spotify just updated itself to the new "-a" version on my Windows devices, and I'm sorry to have to report a bug.  (full version # is 1.1.55.498.gf9a83c60-a ) .  You cannot edit pla...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

[Desktop][Developer] Remove Facebook-feed in the new desktop app

in the last desktop app. we have on the right side the Facebook button "connect with Facebook".I really don't like Facebook and I don't wanna see this in my own app. I don't share with any other on Facebook. How can i shut down this sidebar?iTunes is...

• Visitor
  • in the last desktop app. we have on the right side the Facebook button "connect with Facebook". I really don't like Facebook and I don't wanna see this in my own app. I don't share with any other on...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Desktop
    Developer
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

My downloaded songs get deleted in offline mode

PlanPremiumCountryIranDeviceHP Elitebook 8570POperating SystemWindows 7My Question or IssueSince about four of five days ago, sometimes whenever I play a song, while being in offline mode (in which is also a problem for me, since the spotify on my co...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Iran Device HP Elitebook 8570P Operating System Windows 7 My Question or Issue Since about four of five days ago, sometimes whenever I play a song, while being in offlin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Unable to add tracks to any playlist through Spotify Desktop

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My IssueI am unable to add songs to my playlist, or any playlist for that matter through Spotify Dekstop. This issue has started recently and has made adding new tracks to my master playl...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Issue I am unable to add songs to my playlist, or any playlist for that matter through Spotify Dekstop. This ...
  • Alao
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows Desktop
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recent Update Issues.

PlanFreeCountry DeviceWindows 10Operating System My Question or IssueI got the new Spotify update recently and I found something that bothers me. I can't private playlists that I've liked from other users and I've been trying to figure out how to pri...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country   Device Windows 10 Operating System     My Question or Issue I got the new Spotify update recently and I found something that bothers me. I can't private p...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop app lost connected devices

PlanPremiumCountryIrelandDeviceVariousOperating SystemWin10 My Question or IssueDesktop app suddenly lost the connected devices (Echo dots). Logoff/logon or reinstall not fixed the issue. However the dekstop app already had issues connecting with one...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Ireland Device Various Operating System Win10   My Question or Issue Desktop app suddenly lost the connected devices (Echo dots). Logoff/logon or reinstall not fix...
  • waces
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes