Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify VERY slow to do anything - from changing volume to load my albums.

Spotify VERY slow to do anything - from changing volume to load my albums.

Hello,

My Spotify app has been extremely slow lately, songs won't play for seconds after I click them and music doesn't play/pause for long pauses after I click on the button, artists won' t load either, nothing at all. 

This started from nowhere, really.. I've tried reinstalling the software, trying the standalone Spotify software but its slow aswell. Deleting Spotfify folders in appdata, turning hardware acc off.. etc.. Spotfiyt worked buttersmooth on this computer for about.. idk? since spotify's year 1? so, yeah, i think this is on spotify, not user end.

I've tried everything i can so far, so i only have one question: is there any real solution for this? or going to Tidal is the only one? i like spotfiy, but as for know im paying for something that i can't use. 

5 Replies

I'm having the same problem ... I've yelled at Support out of frustration but so far to no avail >_o

Trying to listen to some music now, very frustating.. 

Is there ANY hope this will be fixed? Or the spotify team had simply given up?

I think its just fair to the customers to know if we they are paying for something broke. 

Hey @battaglin 

Did you install Spotify from Microsoft Store or as a standalone?

I would recommend clean reinstall, as that should wipe out those files too that get left untouched by normal reinstall.

If you don't use local files, you can disable these.

Other than that, I would suggest making sure all Windows updates have been installed. 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

If your using the Microsoft store version be sure to check for updates in the store as the new 1.1.35 came out and this particular version has fixed a lot of long time issues since as version as far back as 1.1.32.

Both standalone and W10 Store version. No difference at all.
Currently running WS 1.1.35.458.g891674f3.
I think there is no solution for this besides waiting for a patch.

Suggested posts