Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Web Player Not Working

Spotify Web Player Not Working

I cannot play any music in the web player. It is just frozen. The play buttons don't work, I keep pressing them. Logging in and out, refreshing.. nothing helps. I only have spotify web player as App ain't available in my country.

zomboi.JPG
6 Replies

I'm having this same issue. I'm using Chrome and I've googled how to resolve it. I deleted cookies, as suggested. Issue remained.

I removed adBlocker extension as suggested. Issue remained. 

I've had this issue before and it's continued for a couple days before it magically started working again. 

I've rebooted my computer. 

I've closed chrome and rebooted. 

I've reverted to youtube for the day. ::sigh::

Hey @arunasva and @starryxeyed

I see there's that green bar. It's possible to get rid of it by doing the following:

Look near the volume slider in the player. There's an icon that looks like a computer.

The green bar reaches up to it too with a small arrow.

Click on it and choose 'This web player'.

Now you should have control over your web player.

This feature exists on mobile and desktop clients too and it's possible to choose the web player from there as well.

You can also try going to your account and clicking on the 'Sign Out Everywhere' button, and then trying the web player again.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having the same problem with spotify on my Chromebook. It keeps forcing me to open.spotify.com instead of play.spotify.com, and nothing will play. The app is working fine on my phone, but I haven't been able to use the player on my computer for days now. 

Saw there was a post like this from a couple years ago that was resolved, but it seems that the issue is happening again for some people.

I've cleared the cache/cookies, restarted, made sure flash is allowed to play. Nothing is working.

Hey @sometimesiwrite

The web player doesn't use flash. 🙂 The old player on play.spotify.com is dead for a while too, I haven't been able to access it for months. I'm actually surprised you've been using it for that long!

Here are a few things to try:

1. Make sure you've selected 'This web player' from the icon on the left of the volume bar (Spotify Connect).

2. make sure you're using a supported browser (Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Opera), and it's up to date.

3. Refer to this article to make sure DRM content is allowed.
4. Incognito window could work. In this case some extensions might be working against the web player.

5. wipe your browser's cookies and cache

Here's a slightly more complex trick to try that targets Spotify Connect and it goes like this (leave your web player open):

1. open Spotify app on your mobile (not on windows phone) or desktop. Another computer's web player works too. For me even another browser in the same machine worked.

2. Play something in the app or another web player, then locate the 'connect to a device' button (looks like a small computer icon) near the volume bar and choose the web player you want to use.

This should route the playback over to the web player in question.

Another trick that has worked for some users:

1. Log to the web player

2. Click on your user icon at the bottom left

3. Click on the "Full Website" button

4. Click on any proposed album under "Looking for music?"

You may have to hard-refresh (hit ctrl and F5) the web player, and you may have to repeat the last trick a few times. If it still doesn't work, go to your spotify account page and click on 'Sign Out Everywhere', and then try again.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've tried several of the things you suggested to no avail. 

EDIT: right after I posted this, I got it to work with the last thing you suggested, even though I tried that before. Better late than never, I guess.

I tried everything on your list and FINALLY got my web player working! 

The hard reset was a bust. 

Logging out everywhere and back in again didn't help. 

And ensured that the Chrome settings were as directed; they were and that was not the problem.

BUT!

Playing on my phone and THEN clicking on the icon to command that my music play on my computer was the fix! 

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

You're the bomb dot com.

Suggested posts