Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Windows App not possible to read any songs

Solved!

Spotify Windows App not possible to read any songs

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

Laptop/Desktop computer/Realme X50 Pro

Operating System

Windows 7 Pro 64 bits / Windows 10 Pro 64 bits / Android 11

My Question or Issue

The windows app is a pure nightmare, i regurlarly have troubles when using it.
At the moment, the problem is that i cannot read any songs, all songs are grey layered in the list and when i click on it: "content is not available".

Yes i already tried to reinstall app properly, i tried to change my network settings to auto (just have manual dns set), checked my anti-virus software is not blocking spotify, checked my audio hardware settings, nothing change.

I attached the log file to hopefully have someone how can decrypt it and found the root cause.

I can confirm that my premium account is working, web app is working, android app is working, windows app is working on another computer running on windows 7, this is definitely something on my desktop pc somewhere but i cannot found out what exactly...

Any helps? :).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok i finally found the solution and will share it here because i believe it will be helpful ;).

One thing i did not try i safe mode, and when i launched spotify, i suddenly had a pop-up from windows firewall to allow spotify to use internet.

After allowing, reboot and recheck it was ok ;).

Problem is, i think, the software communication between windows defender firewall and kaspersky internet security that i use, because this one is used, windows defender is disabled automatically, but is seems that, for some reasons, it do not properly allow softwares like spotify to open the windows firewall. The is a little bit strange because i saw a game recently installed that was properly allowed.

If you want to check the advanced parameters of the windows defender firewall even if windows defender is "disabled" (because if fact, it is not totally), you have to acces to the old control panel, and found firewall windows defender, then you will see that most options are disabled and used by your anti-virs software, but you can still access to advanced parameters and see all advanced rules of windows firewall. Seems that spotify was not present before, but considering that i do not touch anything there, why it suddenly disappears from the rules?? (update of windows maybe?)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Ok i finally found the solution and will share it here because i believe it will be helpful ;).

One thing i did not try i safe mode, and when i launched spotify, i suddenly had a pop-up from windows firewall to allow spotify to use internet.

After allowing, reboot and recheck it was ok ;).

Problem is, i think, the software communication between windows defender firewall and kaspersky internet security that i use, because this one is used, windows defender is disabled automatically, but is seems that, for some reasons, it do not properly allow softwares like spotify to open the windows firewall. The is a little bit strange because i saw a game recently installed that was properly allowed.

If you want to check the advanced parameters of the windows defender firewall even if windows defender is "disabled" (because if fact, it is not totally), you have to acces to the old control panel, and found firewall windows defender, then you will see that most options are disabled and used by your anti-virs software, but you can still access to advanced parameters and see all advanced rules of windows firewall. Seems that spotify was not present before, but considering that i do not touch anything there, why it suddenly disappears from the rules?? (update of windows maybe?)

Suggested posts