Free

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Windows PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify can't play music with me I get the error in the screenshot translated to English it says: spotify can't play this now. if the file is on your computer, you can import it.
I reinstalled spotify but that didn't work. Changing settings also didn't work and modifying the host file didn't work either. Restarting PC didn't work either.
spotify web player just works.

Schermafbeelding 2022-01-25 154223.png
29 Replies

Gehe zu Einstellungen und prüfe, ob Du bei Datenschutz ein oder aus Button hast, wen nicht gib deine Einstellung auf aus-wenn das nicht hilft, probiere Offline Storages Location ein die fängt mit normalerweise C:/ Users/..../ Music -- an.
Heiner130 ist meine Signature bei last.FM
auf Spotify Heinz Peter Schwab und über Facebook findet Ihr mich auch !!!

the privacy is off and the offline storage is default

Hey @Bram_Broekmaat,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

We understand you have difficulties starting to play songs on your Spotify for desktop. Btw is this still happening for you? Sometimes it's worthwhile restarting the app twice in a row. This may sound odd but it's how the app does a refresh and realigns with your account. See if this can shake things up.

If the above doesn't help, then you can try reinstalling the app one more time, following these steps for making a so called clean reinstall of the app. This is more thorough than a normal install (few extra steps added) and ensures that no cached data will cause interference with your new installation. See if this makes a difference for the app's behavior.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have reinstall spotify and now i can't sign in 

Schermafbeelding 2022-01-27 121932.png

Hey @Bram_Broekmaat,

Thanks for keeping us posted on this.

You can try editing the hosts file on your computer to see if that does the trick:

1. Open Notepad as an Administrator (right-click the executable > Run as Administrator).
  2. Go to File > Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
  4. When the file is opened, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 127.0.0.1 website2.com.
  5. Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com or 0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net. If you do find any, you can delete the line.
  6. Save your changes and restart the Spotify app.

Could you also send us the URI of the song / album you're trying to play? Do you get this error on specific songs or on all content? If possible, try playing the same song / album on a different device to see if the issue is present there.

Another thing you can check is the sound settings on your computer, mainly the sampling rate:

1. Type "Sound Settings" in the Windows' search bar and open the application that shows up.
  2. Click on Sound Control Panel to the right. A new windows should pop up with your sound devices. Right-click on your default device > Properties.
  3. Go to the Advanced tab and under Default Format, select a sampling rate between 44.1 kHz and 192 kHz.
  4. Restart the Spotify app.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

i can now sign in and i can't play any thing  the sound settings for device is 48000Hz

Hey @Bram_Broekmaat,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, we suggest that you head over to Settings > toggle on Show Local Files > toggle off all the sources that appear there > toggle off Show Local Files. Additionally, try switching off Hardware Acceleration there as well. After these steps, make sure to restart the app. 

If the issue persists, we recommend trying with a different network, for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that to see if that makes the difference.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have tried the settings but don't work and I can't try the network because I have a pc with one LAN and it does not matter witch port i pick in my switch

Hey again @Bram_Broekmaat,

Thanks for your reply.

Perhaps you can create a hotspot with your mobile phone just for the sake of testing from another network, although this could result in some higher volumes of data usage for your mobile data package, so it's up to you if you want to go that way.

On another note, could you let us know what is the exact version of Spotify you have currently installed on your Windows 10. Also if you have pending updates for the OS or the drivers, make sure to run them as well. This is to be sure that this is not a local Windows or driver related issue. If all is updated and your system drivers are functioning properly but the issue still persists, then please include a short video of the situation, so we can take a closer look and advise you better.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Kiril Moderator

I can't connect my pc to my mobile hotspot my pc has no wifi

This is the spotify version:  Spotify voor Windows
1.1.77.643.g3c4c6fc6

windows is up to date and driver also

a video of the problem is with every song

Hi! 
I have same problem. Spotify family.
Most important thing is... it appear on Web Browser version of spotify too! 

It's kinda different on browser, it keeps switching to next song, but just before that, it plays song for 1 second!
I'm losing hope to fix that, I am trying to fix that for moths.

Just made a wideo showing that problem on browser. Sorry for no sound, but at browser it was playing songs with sound for a few secords before skipping...  (in a last seconds of wideo, it's getting fixed and song is playing fine, but my recorder didn't recorded sound...)

Please help, it's making me mad for a few months. Sometimes it's working like it should be, but most time windows app is useless.

Hey folks,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop and for the information shared. 

If the issue keeps happening and it’s also present on the web browser, check please if it happens on a different device. If it works fine in other devices, make sure to follow all the troubleshooting steps mentioned before on your PC.

The basic steps are in this FAQ, please take a look at it. Also, check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.

To cover the deletion of temporary files that may affect the proper function of the app, please follow the steps mentioned by @Yordan to delete the host files.

Remember to uninstall any ad-blocker apps. If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot or to a different network. 

We'd also recommend you to have your Spotify app updated, so you don't miss any improvements coming your way.

Hope it helps and let us know how it goes. 

JulianModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

My spotify webplayer works and ipad/mobile also only the PC works not. I have spotify up to date. 

if I install the ms store version there is nothing wrong and then the normal one doesn't work anymore

Hey @Bram_Broekmaat,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Glad to hear that app version from the Microsoft store is running as expected. 

The Spotify desktop app from the Microsoft Store has been developed specifically to make use of features available only on Windows 10. This is why it's less likely to cause any compatibility issues.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator

1. MS store version is not a solution! That version is working just at the first run (maybe longer)! Later it's useless too.
2. I tried mobile hotspot already, still app is bugged.

3. PROBABLY FOUND A SOLUTION

Last time I bought Loxjie a30 AMP and I'm using it with drivers for a USB Audio, an there is just problem with that.
Even if I'm not listening on Loxjie a30, disabling device  and enabling is fixing issue!
To disable device just right click on it. Switching audio output is not enough!

That seems to be spotify bug, becouse it's the only app I had problems with

Note sure how long will it be working, I had same problems listening on Realtek device above, long time ago!

And most important, I probably had spotify problems before I bought Loxjie, so... Will text you again if problem will be back

rundll32_dSVvuGWA8n.png

Hey @ffrakq,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Spotify currently supports audio output only up to 48kHz. Using an audio device that is configured for higher bitrates or Hz will cause the error, as they're not supported as of yet.

Setting the default audio output device to your speakers or as you mentioned disabling the AMP when you want to use Spotify would be the solution to this, until higher-end hardware becomes officially supported.

Ver Moderator

Dunno. I think, It's not obvious.
Re-enabling Loxjie device fixed issue, that wasn't permanent disabling. I'm listening now  music on loxjie with maximum possible studio quality and it's working although it should not work, if spotify supports max 48 kHz 

Sometimes it was playing music without re-enabling tricks, that happened really randomly.

I hope it will be just 48 kHz problem and it will be fixed.

Screenshot_71.png

Suggested posts