Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify cannot find api-ms-win-core-processthreads-l1-1-2.dll problem

Solved!

Spotify cannot find api-ms-win-core-processthreads-l1-1-2.dll problem

Spotify does not open and gives water problems : Spotify cannot find api-ms-win-core-processthreads-l1-1-2.dll . Please re- install this application . Still this error is coming when I tried to delete .

2017-12-03_11-20-19.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Este instalador fija el problema.

Es del 2013

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I leave a 2013 installer to solve the problem

Marked as solution

Hey all!

According to the Issue thread I posted earlier, the issue seems to be fixed.

Please try reinstalling Spotify:

Remove your Spotify client using Revo Uninstaller (or similar), or by going to %AppData% and manually deleting the Spotify folders.

Restart your computer and then reinstall Spotify.

If you still have that issue, let me know. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Marked as solution

I deleted the Spotify folder in C:\Users\<user>\AppData, local and roaming. And after that i just install the Spotify again. it works for me. 

Hope it helps.

32 Replies

I have same issue on my Windows 7 desktop. This happens when I try to start Spotify application or uninstall or install it again.

i have same prob suddenly occured when i turned desktop on on 2nd dec 2017 what are spotify doing about this i am premium customer any refunds?

Same for me, for windows 7 too, tried restoring to last restore point too

Same problem for me (windows 7 customer . The error start yesterday December 2nd 2017. I tried to reinstall the program but still the same error....

Hey all!

I'm sorry to hear you're in the same boat as me.

This issue has been reported and Spotify is looking into it. The issue itself is pretty simple: The installer file for the newer Spotify client is looking for a .dll file that does not exist on any Windows 7 machine.

There is no fix as of now, but hopefully it will be available soon. Workarounds are staying with an older client and using the web player (open.spotify.com).

Read this thread to learn more (solution is a functional workaround).

Let me know if you have more questions/issues. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm also getting this problem. This is bad news!

Is there a way of downloading older versions?

im having this problem even when im trying to delete it

I'm in the exact same boat. It also started for me on Dec 2. Have done all the same things with no success i.e. reinstall, system restore point, etc. I'm also a premium member and hope Spotify can fix this ASAP, and/or credit account.

looks like this is a new issue, kinda a relief to know its not my fault.  

Man i got so so scared for a second... i just downloaded spotify cuz all my friends have it and its soooo nice but when it gave me that error i got so saaad 😞 please fix it soon 

Same issue here as well. 😞

I have the exact same issue.

It appeared today after I changed speakers on my desktop PC.

The sound started gradually decreasing until ut became totally mute all the time. I thought it could be related to activated "Loudness" in my soundcard/speaker preferences. I inactivated Loudness and after that, this problem occurred.

Same problem here, win 7, broke in a monday 04 of dezember.

Much appreciated! I have the same problem. I tried to read the thread you posted but got a message saying I didn't have sufficient privileges to access it. I am wondering how we will get a fix for this if the App doesn't open on our PC? Will they send an email with a link for a fix? That seems unlikely. Or will we have to try re-installing again from the Web Player at random times? I am clueless as to how they will implement a fix under these broken circumstances. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Yup, same error here using windows 7. Noticed it today (Dec 4 2017) they better fix this soon because this is ridiculous. I've tried re installing and still have the same issue. 😠

Dejo un instalador de 2013, que resuelve el problema:

Marked as solution

Este instalador fija el problema.

Es del 2013

Marked as solution

I leave a 2013 installer to solve the problem

Thx !! it worked!!

Suggested posts