Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify cannot play this file right now. If the file exist on the computer you can import it

Solved!

Spotify cannot play this file right now. If the file exist on the computer you can import it

Ive tried different kind of solutions... Turning off hardware acceleration, delete local files bla bla but im fed of this. Spotify cost money per month meaning im paying that money, in return i want the stuff to work. If i am to dig deep in the web to find solutions why the freak am i paying for ? I just got the family account and i will cancel my subscribtion if you cant find any solution.... Its not my job to act a programmer 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

For me the fix was to reset my Default Format in Control Panel, Sound, Default Device, Advanced. If it is set higher than 192000 Hz, Spotify Desktop or Windows 10 App will not play.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Look at the other posts on the same topic.

Some people have uninstalled the app and reinstalled and it worked.

I am waiting for the next update.

You also don't say what version you are running or what system.

I am Spotify 1.1.21 and Windows 10 1909.

Some people report being offered an update, but do not say to what version.

I think there is a problem with the latest Spotify which is causing the issue and hopefully the next version will fix.

Marked as solution

For me the fix was to reset my Default Format in Control Panel, Sound, Default Device, Advanced. If it is set higher than 192000 Hz, Spotify Desktop or Windows 10 App will not play.

I get the same shebang with certain files I usually bought singly off Google play. Enya's The Humming off the deluxe version of Dark Skuy island is dudded. The one on the vanilla version of the album works. Yes, I feel like we are in a Carol Beer "Computah says Nohe" situation but when they helpfully tell us "the track won't play, you can import it" we are given no link to try and do just that. I use the app for Windows. I was unaware we needed to update it. Perhaps my version is decrepit. I will make endeavours to try and find out how to actuate it if this is part of our problems. 

mutatis MUTANDIS

Thx alot mate for replying, ive had spotify for years and this is the first time ever for me... It wont play any of my list at all... as soon as i try to play something it starts to run through the library and u can see the songs getting randomized and skipped :/. But in the phone app and webapp there is no problem at all. Tried to delete all registers, cache u name it... uninstall did not help, turning of hardwareacceleration did not work. Just fixed the familiy account wich is almost 20dollar/month where im from. Still no reply or even a chatt system with spotify. 

Hey @Sprezza - help's here!

First off, do you mind giving the clean reinstall another try, making sure to follow the steps in the order in which they're listed in this support article?

If that doesn't work, could you let us know if either of the following resolves the issue:

• logging in with a different account on your PC
  • trying out another network connection?

If none of those does the trick, then make sure to get back to us with the following info and we'll see what else we can suggest:

• exact Spotify version
  • your device + OS version.

Thanks! keep us posted 🙂

Suggested posts