Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify causes laptop crash

Solved!

Spotify causes laptop crash

Hi,
so, every time I use Mozilla Firefox and the Spotify app at the same time my laptop crashes (It just stops doing anything and reacting at all, sometimes there is a brrrr sound). 
I looked up the event viewer and there is a Kernel Power Problem ID 41 (63) (which seems to be graphic board problem but I'm not sure.) Googling that and Spotify only found one result in relation to a Mac... but I use Win 10.

I tried what one should always do, when having problems with a program: deinstall Spotify. But it doesn't work. I click on deinstall and nothing happens. Then I opened the Spotify app and clicked on "file" and "close" and just in that moment it crashed again. I tried it twice with the same result.

The problems started with the new Win 10 update. 😞

I'm not sure what to do, I'd like trying to deinstall and install Spotify as a first step, but I don't know how...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Open your Spotify app. Go to Edit tab, Preferences, and try to disable hardware acceleration. Please let me know if it works.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Glad to hear that.

Please accept my post as solution. The button is right under the Reply button.

So others with same problem can see this 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Open your Spotify app. Go to Edit tab, Preferences, and try to disable hardware acceleration. Please let me know if it works.

Hi, thanks for replying. Seems to be working now! Thank you!

Marked as solution

Glad to hear that.

Please accept my post as solution. The button is right under the Reply button.

So others with same problem can see this 🙂

Suggested posts