Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Error Code -7

I cannot get my internet to connect with Spotify. When I open the program it presents a loading screen and then goes to black with the message: Spotify failed to load application content (error code -7). Please verify that you have an internet connec...

• I cannot get my internet to connect with Spotify. When I open the program it presents a loading screen and then goes to black with the message:    Spotify failed to load application conte...
  • mlledvlle
  • 67 replies
  • 14 likes
  • Windows
  • 67 replies
  • 14 likes

My Songs Are Not Synced on My Desktop

I have spotify premium for the years. But the first time i have this problem. I can not sync my songs on my laptop. There are no "download" button under the "songs" section. I can't listen my songs while I'm at offline mode. How can I fix it?Note: I ...

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • I have spotify premium for the years. But the first time i have this problem. I can not sync my songs on my laptop. There are no "download" button under the "songs" section. I can't listen my songs w...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Impossible to start the app on windows

Somebody can help me? I'm using spotify premium. For a few days, I've been unable to start my desktop app on windows. When I click on the app, for five seconds the app icon and the pointer look like the app will open, and then back to normal, nothing...

• Casual Listener
  • Somebody can help me? I'm using spotify premium. For a few days, I've been unable to start my desktop app on windows. When I click on the app, for five seconds the app icon and the pointer look like ...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

It does not show anything on OBSERVE and FIND FRIENDS.

It starts loading and just freezes. I installed full package for windows, still does not work. Yesterday it suggested some update, i agreed and then it started showing it for couple hours and then it just shut totally and stopped shooting at all. Bec...

• Casual Listener
  •  It starts loading and just freezes. I installed full package for windows, still does not work. Yesterday it suggested some update, i agreed and then it started showing it for couple hours and t...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong time with connected device

I use Spotify desktop app on Windows 7 and connect it to Spotiamb. Spotify shows correct time and progressbar only for the first song. Time does not reset to 0:00 at end of song. It continues to increase when next song starts. Then the position stays...

• Casual Listener
  • I use Spotify desktop app on Windows 7 and connect it to Spotiamb. Spotify shows correct time and progressbar only for the first song. Time does not reset to 0:00 at end of song. It continues to incr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

problems updating the client for windows 10

Hi. I have problems updating the client for windows 10. Since ever. When a new update arrives, I download it, then it tells me to restart the application to finish the update, and when it re-starts the version is still the previous one and not the on...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I have problems updating the client for windows 10. Since ever. When a new update arrives, I download it, then it tells me to restart the application to finish the update, and when it re-starts t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files not being found by desktop client

Local files not being found. Info:- I have my Preferences set to look for music files in the correct directory.- I have moved the files/changed Preferences from the default /Downloads directory.- I have tried putting the files in subdirectories.- I h...

• Local files not being found.  Info: - I have my Preferences set to look for music files in the correct directory. - I have moved the files/changed Preferences from the default /Downloads direc...
  • ChristianRomeni
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Discover Weekly Not Updated

My Discover Weekly has not been updated for this week, and this is the first time it's ever happened to me. Is it me or is it Spotify? What do I do now?

• Casual Listener
  • My Discover Weekly has not been updated for this week, and this is the first time it's ever happened to me. Is it me or is it Spotify? What do I do now? 
  • jdsthinker
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't select songs

So the problem is that I can't select songs from saved music. When I try to select a specific song, it just throws some random song in. Playlists are working fine though. Already tried to log out/log in, reinstalling etc.

• So the problem is that I can't select songs from saved music. When I try to select a specific song, it just throws some random song in. Playlists are working fine though. Already tried to log out/log...
  • Hashemi
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Volume goes down when I switch from iOS mobile back to desktop

When I open Spotify on desktop on Windows 7, the sound quality and volume is great. The slider in the bottom right only needs to be about a third of the way to get good volume (with my system volume turned to a good level for other things such as You...

• When I open Spotify on desktop on Windows 7, the sound quality and volume is great. The slider in the bottom right only needs to be about a third of the way to get good volume (with my system volume ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Windows 1.0.51 bug: plays wrong song from artist songs!

Just updated to Windows Spotify 1.0.51 offered by the automatic update.Now, when I go to the "Artist from your music" and click the play button next to one of the songs - it doesn't play that song, instead it plays the first one, or (sometimes) pause...

• Regular
  • Just updated to Windows Spotify 1.0.51 offered by the automatic update. Now, when I go to the "Artist from your music" and click the play button next to one of the songs - it doesn't play that song,...
  • aaronclawrence
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Playlist keeps on going early to next song

I think this may be the playlist, because I can't replicate this on any other playlist, but for the Alok House Party Playlist, it stops at some point before the song ends and starts somewhere in the next song. Can I get someone to either confirm it's...

• Casual Listener
  • I think this may be the playlist, because I can't replicate this on any other playlist, but for the Alok House Party Playlist, it stops at some point before the song ends and starts somewhere in...
  • gabehanna
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I am premium and playback stops to play another song by Ngo The Kendy!?

I select my albumStart listening to itSuddenly music abruptly stops and plays a song by Ngo The Kendy. Whatever that is. I am Spotify Premium. This should not happen. It has happened several times before

• Casual Listener
  • I select my album Start listening to it Suddenly music abruptly stops and plays a song by Ngo The Kendy. Whatever that is.   I am Spotify Premium. This should not happen.   It has hap...
  • isaacs1987
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

two users on one computer

I - personally have two login accounts on one work laptop for example;davidius1 - I use to log in duing the day while at workdavidius2 - I use when at home, not working need to use the applications and not show my web history etcMy queston is to save...

• Casual Listener
  • I - personally have two login accounts on one work laptop for example; davidius1 - I use to log in duing the day while at work davidius2 - I use when at home, not working need to use the...
  • KatieAL
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! [Bug] Incorrect Large Playlist Duration Displayed 0.9.10

I'm very happy that the playlist time was added back into Spotify, but it doesn't seem to give the correct time, at least for large playlists. I don't know when the time starts to fail, but I'm currently playing through a list with around 4,000 songs...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm very happy that the playlist time was added back into Spotify, but it doesn't seem to give the correct time, at least for large playlists. I don't know when the time starts to fail, but I'm curre...
  • metalnut4
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Removal of Copy Song Link?

I really don't understand why useful features keep getting removed. First Notifications, then messages, now copy song link? I don't want to have to click share then click copy to clipboard in order to send a link to a song. Your product team needs to...

• Music Fan
  • I really don't understand why useful features keep getting removed. First Notifications, then messages, now copy song link? I don't want to have to click share then click copy to clipboard in order t...
  • DigitalSea
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Last.FM connect - invalid username or password

Today, just randomly, I realized that I wasn't scrobbling anything so I checked Spotify (on Desktop) to see if my last.fm was still connected and it wasn't. When I tried to enter my user and pass, it says invalid username or password. Any help would ...

• Casual Listener
  • Today, just randomly, I realized that I wasn't scrobbling anything so I checked Spotify (on Desktop) to see if my last.fm was still connected and it wasn't. When I tried to enter my user and pass, it...
  • isidonis
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

only playing the 1st song on album

hi i am trying to play a song on an album track 3 or whatever and it just keeps jumping to the start of track 1 i have uninstalled spotify twice that fixed the problem for a while then it just goes back to playing the 1st song its really annoying me

• Casual Listener
  • hi i am trying to play a song on an album track 3 or whatever and it just keeps jumping to the start of track 1 i have uninstalled spotify twice that fixed the problem for a while then it just goes b...
  • leeps291
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Undo favorites

Hi. I'm currently unable to undo clicking the favorite option (it's a heart nowadays) in premium, both desktop and android. Any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.   I'm currently unable to undo clicking the favorite option (it's a heart nowadays) in premium, both desktop and android.   Any ideas?
  • Specialworld
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes