Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

@irenekaoruI've downloaded the Deezer desktop app and transferred my Spotify playlists to it using Spotizr. My initial thoughts are: the layout is not as intuitive as Spotify and will take some getting used to. However, there are an extra 10 million ...

• Roadie
  • @irenekaoru I've downloaded the Deezer desktop app and transferred my Spotify playlists to it using Spotizr. My initial thoughts are: the layout is not as intuitive as Spotify and will take some get...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Hey, what other services are you all considering? I really don't want to go with Apple music, I am too entangled with Apple already. I'd love to hear other people's thoughts about alternatives to replace Spotify, that have messaging.

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, what other services are you all considering? I really don't want to go with Apple music, I am too entangled with Apple already. I'd love to hear other people's thoughts about alternatives t...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Can't Share to followers, the button is greyed out

Desktop version, premium user I want to share a song to my followers, I follow them and they follow me, but the share button is greyed out, I have my friends feed at view, what I share would show up in their feed?, Can't I share because I don't have ...

• Desktop version, premium user   I want to share a song to my followers, I follow them and they follow me, but the share button is greyed out, I have my friends feed at view, what I share would...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I've posted here before and simply want to post again, because I can cannot believe that this feature is gone. And I'm kinda mad at Spotify.

• Casual Listener
  • I've posted here before and simply want to post again, because I can cannot believe that this feature is gone. And I'm kinda mad at Spotify.
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Shuffle multiple play lists

Spoiler (Highlight to read)I created a folder with multiple play lists as suggesting on this forum. I want to be able to shuffle play through all playlists. I'm trying to trouble shoot this now and it isn't working. I have premium on desktop. Is it s...

• Casual Listener
  • I created a folder with multiple play lists as suggesting on this forum.  I want to be able to shuffle play through all playlists.  I'm trying to trouble shoot this now and it isn't working...
  • Clicklique007
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify wont update

Last few versions of Spotify fail to install the latest update. Once the update is downloaded I get the blue arrow in the top right-hand corner suggesting that I restart Spotify to install the update but when it reloads it has not installed. The only...

• Regular
  • Last few versions of Spotify fail to install the latest update.   Once the update is downloaded I get the blue arrow in the top right-hand corner suggesting that I restart Spotify to inst...
  • AgileTech
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't select an image for playlist editing

I've created a playlist with metal music and I wanted to edit its cover, so I downloaded the Anthrax logo but somehow the image is being rejected, it just doesn't appear in its folder when I open it with Spotify. I thought about explicit content or v...

• Visitor
  • I've created a playlist with metal music and I wanted to edit its cover, so I downloaded the Anthrax logo but somehow the image is being rejected, it just doesn't appear in its folder when I open it ...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Friends Feed is Missing

Hello Guys,After I install Spotify version 1.0.50.41368.gbd68dbef, I can not see my friend's feeds. I have activate the friends feed from the preferences, but it does not work.Can you suggest me?Thank you.

• Regular
  • Hello Guys, After I install Spotify version 1.0.50.41368.gbd68dbef, I can not see my friend's feeds. I have activate the friends feed from the preferences, but it does not work. Can you sugges...
  • kancutpolkadot
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't add my local mp3 library to Spotify anymore!

Hi!Deleted the old local directory since I moved my mp3's. That worked. But when trying to add the new location in "Locale files", nothing happens! Please help!!

• Hi! Deleted the old local directory since I moved my mp3's. That worked. But when trying to add the new location in "Locale files", nothing happens! Please help!!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I would like to request a playlist with all the songs in my inbox!

• I would like to request a playlist with all the songs in my inbox!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution History Tab

My History tab says Empty but I have been playing songs. Is there something wrong?

• Roadie
  • My History tab says Empty but I have been playing songs.  Is there something wrong?
  • Jasonc126
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Privat messages are gone. Where's the 'inbox'?

I cannot find the 'inbox' icon, not on my desktop Spotify, nor on my android app. How can it be fixed?

• I cannot find the 'inbox' icon, not on my desktop Spotify, nor on my android app. How can it be fixed?
  • simonesecor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Hi again Spotify. @Rorey in particular. For your reply on Thursday, currently marked as a solution, that purports to give answers to the most common questions in this thread... um... thank you? Your reply says it gives answers to "the most common que...

• Casual Listener
  • ...s solutions to put them at the top of this topic, trying to get more publicity for the "idea" to give Inbox more development that has already racked up over 1,000 votes. But they keep getting t...
  • 0 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 19 likes

So... I hace a doubt... I manage a brand's account, we made a contest and used the inbox tool to contact our followers to give them their prize... Is there a way I can restore the messages for me to find the winners' information? How can I reach the ...

• Visitor
  • So... I hace a doubt...  I manage a brand's account, we made a contest and used the inbox tool to contact our followers to give them their prize... Is there a way I can restore the message...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Can you please create a playlist of my shared and received songs?

• Can you please create a playlist of my shared and received songs?
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify won't start on Windows 10.

My spotify has recently stopped working and I don't know why. When I start it I can find it in my task manager but nothing pops up. I have reinstalled it countless times but haven't made any progress. What can I do?

• My spotify has recently stopped working and I don't know why. When I start it I can find it in my task manager but nothing pops up. I have reinstalled it countless times but haven't made any progress...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

@SpotifyCares (They don't)@Spotify@spotifydesign@SpotifyUSA

• Music Fan
  • @SpotifyCares (They don't) @Spotify @spotifydesign @SpotifyUSA
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

@rcraven85 wrote:who's Per's boss?I mean, somebody in the chain has to give a darn, right? You would think so but here we are.

• Music Fan
  • @rcraven85 wrote: who's Per's boss? I mean, somebody in the chain has to give a darn, right?  You would think so but here we are.   
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

This is totally inadmissible. I've been premium user from almost the beginings. I use this feature daily. If you guys cannot push to keep this feature alive it's time to go Deezer. I bet they know better what to do with my 10€ per month... :__(

• This is totally inadmissible. I've been premium user from almost the beginings. I use this feature daily. If you guys cannot push to keep this feature alive it's time to go Deezer. I bet th...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

who's Per's boss?I mean, somebody in the chain has to give a darn, right?

• Casual Listener
  • who's Per's boss? I mean, somebody in the chain has to give a darn, right? 
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes