Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

History Tab

The History Tab still isn't displaying the previous played songs!

• Roadie
  • The History Tab still isn't displaying the previous played songs!
  • Jasonc126
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Next Song Problem

There is a problem on all of my devices (phone, laptop, and desktop) where spotify will not play the next song on an album or playlist but instead will play a song from La-Di-Da, an album by Roar. I haven't been able to find an answer or someone with...

• Casual Listener
  • There is a problem on all of my devices (phone, laptop, and desktop) where spotify will not play the next song on an album or playlist but instead will play a song from La-Di-Da, an album by Roar. I ...
  • Jovikin
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I hate spotify support service

There is in MEXICO, no email or telephone contact.I has made dead end search about my problem.It unbeliveable that no body staff lisen me.I am consider to SUE spotify by FRAUD because the familiy service has no service to my family.I wait your answer...

• There is in MEXICO, no email or telephone contact. I has made dead end search about my problem. It unbeliveable that no body staff lisen me. I am consider to SUE spotify by FRAUD because the famil...
  • Robert_W
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify says account is in use somewhere else. Account is not in use somewhere else.

Spotify keeps pausing because 'your account is being used somewhere else'. I've never given out my password. Just in case, I changed my password and logged out of all accounts manually from the online settings menu so all accounts should have been de...

• Spotify keeps pausing because 'your account is being used somewhere else'. I've never given out my password. Just in case, I changed my password and logged out of all accounts manually from the onlin...
  • Sinistrality
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Local File not showing up

So one of my local songs keeps disappearing from spotify. as soon as I delete the song from the folder and readd it some time later it reappears in my collection and all the playlists I added it to earlier. There's other songs form that Folder that d...

• So one of my local songs keeps disappearing from spotify. as soon as I delete the song from the folder and readd it some time later it reappears in my collection and all the playlists I added it to e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums always starting from the first song

Whenenver I click a song from any album it always plays the first song, to get to the one I want I have to click the next song button at the bottom. I asked around and no one else I know is having this issue. I did try reinstalling and deleting all m...

• Whenenver I click a song from any album it always plays the first song, to get to the one I want I have to click the next song button at the bottom. I asked around and no one else I know is having th...
  • Grouser
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Re-enabling the desktop overlay

Hi, I have Spotify premium version 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8 (latest as of 2/4/17), and I am having problems with the desktop overlay (media playback panel, song info currently playing...) with Spotify only. With other media playback apps (eg. built-in Gr...

• Hi, I have Spotify premium version 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8 (latest as of 2/4/17), and I am having problems with the desktop overlay (media playback panel, song info currently playing...) with Spotify on...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution doesn't play a specific song

i'm a premium account. when I select a song from an album with start button it starts from first song, not from the song i said to play. Why??

• i'm a premium account. when I select a song from an album with start button it starts from first song, not from the song i said to play. Why??
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Copying tracks and playlists from pc version to android

hi. is there any way to download my tracks or playlist once (on pc) and copy them to my android device so i can use them on both of my devices? or i have to download them twice?

• hi. is there any way to download my tracks or playlist once (on pc) and copy them to my android device so i can use them on both of my devices? or i have to download them twice?
  • Specialworld
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix doesn't change

5 of my 6 daily mixes change each day as I expect. But my daily mix #1 stays exactly the same despite having listened to it twice. How can I get it to refresh?

• 5 of my 6 daily mixes change each day as I expect. But my daily mix #1 stays exactly the same despite having listened to it twice. How can I get it to refresh?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent update no longer allows sharing of multiple songs

The feature I'm talking about is being able to select multiple songs and click "share" in order to get the share link of all songs selected. The recent update has removed this potential, as now when you click "Share" with multiple songs selected, you...

• The feature I'm talking about is being able to select multiple songs and click "share" in order to get the share link of all songs selected.   The recent update has removed this potential, as ...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to ger rid of spotify connect bar at the bottom of PC app

Always, when I run desktop spotify on my PC i see this blue or sometimes green bar at the bottom with arrow and text "connect to device" and it's related to Spotify connect function. But I KNOW THAT THERE IS THAT OPTION, WHY I HAVE TO SEE THIS EVERY ...

• Always, when I run desktop spotify on my PC i see this blue or sometimes green bar at the bottom with arrow and text "connect to device" and it's related to Spotify connect function. But I KNOW THAT ...
  • Komoto456
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Where is "You might also like"?

In the Android app, Spotify starts on top with a collection of playlists based on my interests. This section is called "You might also like". Is there anything like this in the desktop app? For me it only shows some local playlists (those are all in ...

• Casual Listener
  • In the Android app, Spotify starts on top with a collection of playlists based on my interests. This section is called "You might also like".   Is there anything like this in the desktop&...
  • pbb72
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't play strokes music

Hi guys,I don't know why i can't play the strokes music ( only 2,3 songs )Probably is because before using spotify i download their discography and i used spotify as player. I don't know how to resolve.Thanks P.S for example i created a playlist, whe...

• Hi guys, I don't know why i can't play the strokes music ( only 2,3 songs ) Probably is because before using spotify i download their discography and i used spotify as player. I don't know how...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song List

For some reason, unless I'm on the artist page I cannot pick which songs I want to play. I will go to an artist that I have saved music for and click on the 5th song listed, but it will start playing the 1st song and I have to use the next button to ...

• For some reason, unless I'm on the artist page I cannot pick which songs I want to play. I will go to an artist that I have saved music for and click on the 5th song listed, but it will start playing...
  • jorlando989
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution No puedo logear spotify con mi facebook ?

Buenos dias , meses atras tuve que cerrar mi facebook anterior , y desde que abri el nuevo no pouedo logear mi spotify con mi face desde mi iphone 7 . no puedo compartir canciones ni contactos .me pudieran ayudar por favor . muchas gracias saludos

• Buenos dias , meses atras tuve que cerrar mi facebook anterior , y desde que abri el nuevo no pouedo logear mi spotify con mi face desde mi iphone 7 . no puedo compartir canciones ni contactos . me ...
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot access profile.

I cannot access my profile in the current version. Nothing happens when I click my name or the arrow. Hovering over it says profile and menu but nothing happens. Anyone else?

• Regular
  • I cannot access my profile in the current version. Nothing happens when I click my name or the arrow. Hovering over it says profile and menu but nothing happens.    Anyone else?
  • labelscollected
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Add / Import My Music

I've been going through my music and adding them to my Spotify library. Is there a way to do this more autmatically? It's taking a long time. I've seen where I can get Spotify to play my local MP3 files, but what I'm after is a way to simply import m...

• Regular
  • I've been going through my music and adding them to my Spotify library.  Is there a way to do this more autmatically?  It's taking a long time. I've seen where I can get Spotify to play my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Share Music without social media

Hey there, since one of the last updates i can't share music without a social media account anymore. Before that it was possible to share music with your followers and friends within the dektop program or via ios app. I would very much appreciate to ...

• Visitor
  • Hey there, since one of the last updates i can't share music without a social media account anymore. Before that it was possible to share music with your followers and friends within the dektop progr...
  • sgwealti
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

play/pause button not working when im tabbed out

Hey, So I've been using spotify on my laptop for a long time now and I've never had a problem. But recently the play/pause and skip buttons dont work when im tabbed out of spotify but then when spotify is my main tab it works fine. I didn't have this...

• Hey, So I've been using spotify on my laptop for a long time now and I've never had a problem. But recently the play/pause and skip buttons dont work when im tabbed out of spotify but then when spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes