Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

"Your Music" lost

I really like the idea of "Your Music", so I moved over all of my playlists to "Songs" and deleted most of my playlists a day ago. However, it looks like it didn't sync or save so now I lost all of my music. Any help or ideas?

• I really like the idea of "Your Music", so I moved over all of my playlists to "Songs" and deleted most of my playlists a day ago.  However, it looks like it didn't sync or save so now I lost al...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help Please - Ahhhhhhh

Hi I still cant get my head round the new Spotify. The background colours dont help so you cant see theup and down bar on the right hand side. Also having double spacing doesnt help due to fact it now takes ages to look at all the songs I have got on...

• Regular
  • Hi   I still cant get my head round the new Spotify. The background colours dont help so you cant see theup and down bar on the right hand side. Also having double spacing doesnt help due ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Music breaks

I occasionally find a repeatable problem in some tracks, but there seems nowhere to report these. Only 'bugs' (in the program) seem to have a place. In "British Dance Bands 124 Dance Bands Classics" The second track "Love is sweetest thing" has a sil...

• Casual Listener
  • I occasionally find a repeatable problem in some tracks, but there seems nowhere to report these. Only 'bugs' (in the program) seem to have a place. In "British Dance Bands 124 Dance Bands C...
  • nandrews1000
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Nice looking but terribly buggy newdesktop UI

The newly updatet desktop version of Spotify looks nice, however an option to switch between a black, gray or white interface would be nice, I think it’s a little bit to dark for me.. But there are too many bugs, too many new options I do not underst...

• Casual Listener
  • The newly updatet desktop version of Spotify looks nice, however an option to switch between a black, gray or white interface would be nice, I think it’s a little bit to dark for me.. But there are...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Starred Favorites on Downloaded Player Missing. Still Available on Web Player.

My starred favorites are gone on desktop player but still on webplayer. This morning I had the traditional interface on the desktop player, then tonight it was totally new and my starred music was completely gone. I tried a uninstall and reinstall as...

• My starred favorites are gone on desktop player but still on webplayer.   This morning I had the traditional interface on the desktop player, then tonight it was totally new and my starred m...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to star/favorite songs in the new design?

How can I star/favorite a song in the new dark design? As it is now it's far from obvious and I consider myself somewhat tech savvy. The only idea that got to my mind was clicking the + as shown in the image below but it doesn't favorite the song whe...

ScreenShot006.jpg
  • Roadie
  • How can I star/favorite a song in the new dark design? As it is now it's far from obvious and I consider myself somewhat tech savvy. The only idea that got to my mind was clicking the + as shown in t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!! Spotify stopped working (Can't open and can't uninstall)

Hey everyone, Spotify has recently stopped working on my windows 8.1.1 64bit. When I try to open spotify I get a standard error message (screencap as attachment) which includes this information: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Applica...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everyone,   Spotify has recently stopped working on my windows 8.1.1 64bit. When I try to open spotify I get a standard error message (screencap as attachment) which includes this inform...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Add all music of playlists to "my music" section by one ?

Hi all, I've just installed the new version (0.9.8.226). I have about 800 playlists (1 album = 1 playlist). I am interested about the new "my music" section, but is there a way ton add all them by one clic ? If i have to drag each playlist to the "ti...

• Regular
  • Hi all,   I've just installed the new version (0.9.8.226).   I have about 800 playlists (1 album = 1 playlist). I am interested about the new "my music" section, but is there a wa...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Previous installation

Hey guys. Do any of you have the previous installation? Can you upload it somewhere? This 0.9.8 should be killed with fire. Thanks in advance!

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys. Do any of you have the previous installation? Can you upload it somewhere? This 0.9.8 should be killed with fire. Thanks in advance!
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Notifications not working properly

This is for the windows version of the desktop app: I get some notifications but not all. I just happened to find a new album that came out on from an artist that I follow but I didn't recieve a notification. This isn't the first time it has happened...

• Roadie
  • This is for the windows version of the desktop app:     I get some notifications but not all. I just happened to find a new album that came out on from an artist that I follow but I d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs added to playlists before dates were added are all gone.

So, way, WAY back in 2011~ish playlists did not have dates by which you could sort, so when you added them to a playlist there would simply be nothing there. Then around march 2012 Spotify added dates, and every song you added AFTER that had a date a...

• Music Fan
  • So, way, WAY back in 2011~ish playlists did not have dates by which you could sort, so when you added them to a playlist there would simply be nothing there. Then around march 2012 Spotify added date...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues with Spotify

So every once in a while i will have spotify crash out on me while playing music, and will not restart. after rebooting computer it will load occasionally. more often it will load the process and not show the log in screen. on top of this if i get it...

• So every once in a while i will have spotify crash out on me while playing music, and will not restart. after rebooting computer it will load occasionally. more often it will load the process and not...
  • JohnManly
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Backing up playlists; song counts don't match

Hi, Hoping someone can explain the reason for the following: I use Excel to backup my playlists, but the song counts don't match (I CTRL+A from the Windows desktop client and paste into Excel). My take is that either the desktop client is incorrectly...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi,   Hoping someone can explain the reason for the following:   I use Excel to backup my playlists, but the song counts don't match (I CTRL+A from the Windows desktop client and pa...
  • SJKS
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Windows] Crashes at browse playlists

Often when i enter Browse->Genres & Moods. When clicking on a random Genre/Mood or playlist there the application instantly shuts down. Happens around 50% of the times i'm at "Browse"

• Often when i enter Browse->Genres & Moods. When clicking on a random Genre/Mood or playlist there the application instantly shuts down. Happens around 50% of the times i'm at "Browse"
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Who added the playlist

Hello, Someone added playlists to my account and I wonder if I can se what IP adress that person had? The lists are not nice. I have changed tha password so hopefully it won't happen again, but I really want to know who it was.

• Hello,   Someone added playlists to my account and I wonder if I can se what IP adress that person had? The lists are not nice. I have changed tha password so hopefully it won't happen a...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Start Radio for an album

Sometimes when I try to Start Radio for an album nothing happens. Spotify simply keeps on playing the current song. Only after I restart spotify the Start Radio works for a while. This happens after I upgraded to version 0.9.8.296.g91f68827. Another ...

• Sometimes when I try to Start Radio for an album nothing happens. Spotify simply keeps on playing the current song. Only after I restart spotify the Start Radio works for a while. This happens after ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to listen to my Cellphone Music in my PC ?

Hi! I know my problem is a bit odd. I downloaded all my playlist in my cellphone (WP , and I want to listen to it, but via my desktop. Since I'm at work, I can't download Spotify or use it web , and I have a headset due to online meetings and stuff, ...

• Hi!  I know my problem is a bit odd. I downloaded all my playlist in my cellphone (WP 😎 , and I want to listen to it, but via my desktop.   Since I'm at work, I can't download Spo...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't load on web player or desktop

I am having trouble with Spotify, it started today... First of it would play a song and then just stop.. for no reason. I would Quit or Exit out of Spotify and it would work for alittle while again.. NOW it wont load, I cannot play any songs.. the di...

• I am having trouble with Spotify, it started today... First of it would play a song and then just stop.. for no reason. I would Quit or Exit out of Spotify and it would work for alittle while again.....
  • pnc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't show certain things, random colours appearing

I've had this problem for some time. For the last few months, apps like MusiXmatch would only show the screen you can see on the picture below. I can still interact with the things that are supposed to be there. Up to now, this wasn't a big problem, ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've had this problem for some time. For the last few months, apps like MusiXmatch would only show the screen you can see on the picture below. I can still interact with the things that are supposed ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes