Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

People didn't use it because it was badly made and hard to use (e.g. the notification system didn't work). Why would anyone want to lose the option of privately sending songs or playlists?

• People didn't use it because it was badly made and hard to use (e.g. the notification system didn't work). Why would anyone want to lose the option of privately sending songs or playlists?
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

hahhahahhha. one day spotify will be dead. and some in that company will look around and ask...why didnt we see it coming?....and i will be sitting here like...i saw it. and so did thousands of other ppl crowding in these threads here.

• Music Fan
  • hahhahahhha.   one day spotify will be dead. and some in that company will look around and ask...why didnt we see it coming?....and i will be sitting here like...i saw it. and so did thousands...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify is no more updating automatically

Hi,Since the last major update of Spotify (with the Windows 10 complete compatibility) the software won't update by itself. I have the update notification but when I restart Spotify it will be not updated. I'm forced to reinstall Spotify everytime to...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Since the last major update of Spotify (with the Windows 10 complete compatibility) the software won't update by itself. I have the update notification but when I restart Spotify it will be not ...
  • NatouBnm
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

I can't change my Spotify avatar

I've made a new avatar I want to use, but I can't change the old one. When I try to click change on the Spotify client, it doesn't do anything. Pls fix! Or show me another way of changing it. Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0b9liJOWsA

• Music Fan
  • I've made a new avatar I want to use, but I can't change the old one. When I try to click change on the Spotify client, it doesn't do anything. Pls fix! Or show me another way of changing it. Thanks!...
  • Levroy
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Find Friends feature not working

I can't get the "Find Friends" tab on Spotify to work. I'm following a few people but none of their activities show up in the right panel, all I see is this: When I click the Find Friends button, despite being connected to Facebook, it just buffers i...

• I can't get the "Find Friends" tab on Spotify to work. I'm following a few people but none of their activities show up in the right panel, all I see is this:    When I click the Find Fr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I'll be leaving too if this is not returned.

• I'll be leaving too if this is not returned.
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

If this feature is not recovered I will be unsubscribing from premium within the next month or two, no question about it. Anyone who wants to access old messages before they truncate them can FIND ALL YOUR OLD MESSAGES HERE: https://play.spotify.com/...

• Regular
  • If this feature is not recovered I will be unsubscribing from premium within the next month or two, no question about it.    Anyone who wants to access old messages before they truncate t...
  • 15 replies
  • 113 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 113 likes

How to turn the volume up with the Function Keys ?

Hey,so i really like the spotify app etc. but the one thing that really annoys me is, that when i want to turn up the volume without tabbing out etc. its not possible (yes you can use the function keys but that turn the windows volume up and i want t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, so i really like the spotify app etc. but the one thing that really annoys me is, that when i want to turn up the volume without tabbing out etc. its not possible (yes you can use the function ...
  • ryankum
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant get Windows desktop app to show...

I had been using the windows desktop app fine up until middle of this week . I am running windows 10 and have the premium service. I can log into my account thru other computers (both mac and windows) and listen fine the only problem is my desktop. I...

• I had been using the windows desktop app fine up until middle of this week . I am running windows 10 and have the premium service. I can log into my account thru other computers (both mac and windows...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Insight on Play Queue Looping

I've been struggling with having my play queue get stuck in a loop lately, but I might have some insight on the conditions causing the bug. It seems to occur when I move between computers running the Spotify desktop client, and choose to "connect" to...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been struggling with having my play queue get stuck in a loop lately, but I might have some insight on the conditions causing the bug. It seems to occur when I move between computers r...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Having a problem with my playlist playing what it wants....

Here's the problem, when I play songs on my starred playlist and I pick a song to start off and have it on shuffle it goes to a different song after song I picked..But then stays on that artist with no shuffle, and my starred list isn't even set up t...

• Casual Listener
  • Here's the problem, when I play songs on my starred playlist and I pick a song to start off and have it on shuffle it goes to a different song after song I picked..But then stays on that artist with ...
  • akselgnr
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

I can log into my PC/phone but not my laptop????

I had been, up until yesterday, been able to log into my devices from anywhere. Now, all of a sudden I can't get Spotify on my laptop. I can access from phone and PC but laptop is not having any part of it. I cant even get the login button to work. I...

• I had been, up until yesterday, been able to log into my devices from anywhere.  Now, all of a sudden I can't get Spotify on my laptop.  I can access from phone and PC but laptop is not hav...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Song, shuffle and volume resets everytime you reboot the app

Why does the app do that? Everytime you reboot Spotify, it shows it is not playing anything and hotkeys don't start songs, you have to do it manually. Also shuffle is off and volume is at 50%. Feels like every update either gets rid of some useful fe...

• Music Fan
  • Why does the app do that? Everytime you reboot Spotify, it shows it is not playing anything and hotkeys don't start songs, you have to do it manually. Also shuffle is off and volume is at 50%. &nbsp...
  • Tumpo
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

I love how this ignore everyone who was in it for the messaging, I dont give a sh**about the songs that were sent . It was the ability to talk to people on a app,when i cant use ANY OTHER messaging app as i use it at my work with very stickt rules.. ...

• Casual Listener
  • I love how this ignore everyone who was in it for the messaging, I dont give a sh**about the songs that were sent . It was the ability to talk to people on a app,when i cant use ANY OTHER messaging a...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Between this and the redesign of the web player, I'm going to start researching different streaming services to use so that I can switch services. I will not continue to pay for a service that is just going remove all of the features that were appeal...

• Between this and the redesign of the web player, I'm going to start researching different streaming services to use so that I can switch services. I will not continue to pay for a service that is jus...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Incorrect Display Following

Hello, I ran into such a problem I signed up for 5 artists but spotify writes me that only 4...The more I subscribe the more the difference Does anyone know how to fix this or is it a bug ?

• Visitor
  • Hello, I ran into such a problem 😞 I signed up for 5 artists but spotify writes me that only 4... The more I subscribe the more the difference 😞 Does anyone know how to fix this or is it a ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

@gabirichter can you still send messages in the old version of Spotify?

• Community Legend
  • @gabirichter can you still send messages in the old version of Spotify?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

very disappointed you got rid of this. my husband and i have been using this feature for years to send each other songs back and forth, and now all of those sweet messages / songs i never saved to a playlist are gone

• very disappointed you got rid of this. my husband and i have been using this feature for years to send each other songs back and forth, and now all of those sweet messages / songs i never saved to a ...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes