Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connection with VPN

Spotify connection with VPN

Plan

Premium

Country

Greece

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So I noticed last night (18 Sep 2022) that my Discord didn't show my Spotify activity like it normally does. Also my phone and my PC don't see eachother while connected to VPN.

After trying everything 10 times including clearing cache, reinstalling, downgrading, etc, I found out that the issue was NordVPN.

Well not exactly.

The moment I realized, I contacted NordVPN support, and we concluded that there was no issue with NordVPN. The issue exists only for the Spotify App. Spotify from Browser works just fine even when connected to VPN. The only solution, for now, is to add Spotify as an exception or as it's called in NordVPN "split tunneling".

I saw many people having similar to this issue so if you have a VPN, for now the solution is to disable VPN for Spotify. That fixed it for me.

1 Reply

Hi there @Mimoji,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community and for sharing your troubleshooting.

Spotify doesn't support the use of VPN and Private Tunnel and we can't guarantee that the app will work as expected. Most VPNs block certain networking ports and protocols required by the Desktop app to function properly and exchange data with the servers. This is why some app features won't work while a VPN is on.

We do appreciate you sharing the info about the split tunneling or allowing Spotify as an exception. This will be helpful for other community members facing similar issues.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts