Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes when I try to play a song that it couldn't load

Solved!

Spotify crashes when I try to play a song that it couldn't load

I'm using Spotify desktop on Windows 10. This mostly happens when I try to listen to a new song or listen to something that I haven't listened to for a while, so I suspect that if the song isn't already in the cache memory Spotify tries to load it but something happens and it crashes. I'd like to know how to it fix it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @yaboiiiiiii

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

If you have a reason to believe that cache could be causing your Spotify app to crash when you try to listen to tracks you haven't played for a while we suggest you start off by running a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure any corrupted files get removed. Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall depending on the device in use.

Tip: Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts.

In case the clean reinstall doesn't do the trick for you, try checking your host files and clearing all Spotify entries. Head to this help article to find out how to do it. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @yaboiiiiiii

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

If you have a reason to believe that cache could be causing your Spotify app to crash when you try to listen to tracks you haven't played for a while we suggest you start off by running a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure any corrupted files get removed. Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall depending on the device in use.

Tip: Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts.

In case the clean reinstall doesn't do the trick for you, try checking your host files and clearing all Spotify entries. Head to this help article to find out how to do it. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

I uninstalled Spotify and installed it back and that seems to have solved it. Thank you so much!

nothing its fixed...when i click the play button for any song the app closes immedietely i cant fix it please help me

Suggested posts