Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

Blackberry KeyOne & PC

Operating System

Android / Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I'm an avid user of Spotify, most of the times listening in the car (from my downloaded music on SD-card).

Last few months I've been noticing that I'm losing songs. Basically when I listen to a song, I press (+) to download it. 

But after a while, sometimes and soms songs disapear for no apparent reason.

Very annoying when I'm trying to build-up my library.

Any news of how this is possible?

Kind regards,
Anthony

5 Replies

Hi, thanks for posting! It sounds like this could be a case of songs becoming unavailable on Spotify, which can happen for a variety of reasons. Do they show up if you turn on the setting to show unplayable songs? On Windows, you'll find this in the advanced section of your preferences, and the setting is also available on Android. If they show up but are grayed out, that will help narrow down the issue, and in that case I would recommend searching for an alternate version of the track to add back to your library.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Unfortunately that is not the solution.

For example: Calum Scott - You are the reason has 200milion plays, I added it to my library, listened to it multiple times. Today I'm looking for the song and I find that all Calum Scott's songs I've added to my library are unchecked, not downloaded and have to add them again to my library..

Okay, it could be that you've hit the limit for saving tracks to your library, which is about 10,000 items. On the desktop in particular, I've had instances where I would save some new tracks only to discover upon a restart that all my recent additions were lost. In that case, you would need to remove some content to make room for the new. You can always add the albums to playlists as a backup. I would definitely try removing at least an album or two and see if you can then save the others as a test and go from there.

dinomightSpotify Star

About 3000 Songs, so not even close to the limit...

Glad to know you have plenty of room for songs still. With that possibility ruled out, you might try logging out and back in on any devices where you are experiencing this problem as that should force Spotify to re-sync your data. If that doesn't help, a clean reinstall often solves a variety of issues as well.

Also, just to clarify, are the songs disappearing on both the Android and Windows devices you listed? Or, does your library remain intact on one but not the other?

dinomightSpotify Star

Suggested posts