Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Song's tab is not appearing on the library

PlanFree/PremiumCountry BrazilDevicePC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue: In The library, where it shows the tabs Artists, Albuns, Favorite songs, Podcasts.. ETC... It used to have a tab for Songs or Music, now It is gone, I see all th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  Brazil Device PC  Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue:  In The library, where it shows the tabs Artists, Albuns, Favo...
  • MRxxROBOT
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can you download a single song on the computer?

I have a premium account and I like how I can download my favorite albums, but for certain artists/albums I would mostly like one or two songs. I have them saved but I don't know how to download them individually. Is that just not a feature yet or am...

•   I have a premium account and I like how I can download my favorite albums, but for certain artists/albums I would mostly like one or two songs. I have them saved but I don't know how to downl...
  • DennyEMufc
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Help
    songs
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify keeps redownloading songs

PlanPremiumCountryNorway DevicepcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuespotify keeps redownloading songs.It's not all my songs only like 20/40 songs every time i restart spotify it wants to download them over again, I didnt have this problem...

•   Plan Premium Country Norway   Device pc Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue spotify keeps redownloading songs. It's not all my songs only like 20/40 songs...
  • DennyEMufc
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Folder and Playlist Naming

Stop delete and change features in Spotify. Instead add new ones!!!!What the point to change the order o the Folder and Playlist's naming!?It always have been Artist - Album Name, now out of the sudden is the inverse Album Name - Artist, which does n...

• Regular
  • Stop delete and change features in Spotify. Instead add new ones!!!! What the point to change the order o the Folder and Playlist's naming!? It always have been Artist - Album Name, now out of the ...
  • polite_society
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Bring back old playlist naming

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI noticed that playlist that are created by dragging an album to a playlist folder are now named [Album title - Artist]. It used to be [Artist - Album title]. This...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I noticed that playlist that are created by dragging an album to a playlist folder are ...
  • polite_society
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Black Screen + spotify.exe missing

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I've already reinstalled a thousand times (clean manual unistall/register removal), i've tried like a million solutions, but it keeps happen. My screen gets black, while the app is running (if i dont cl...

• Regular
  •     Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I've already reinstalled a thousand times (clean manual unistall/register removal), i've tried like a million solutio...
  • FillipeOliver
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong song playing

Removed songs from my own playlist. Playing that playlist on shuffle, it always plays the same sequence of songs and it plays songs in the playlist that I have deleted from the playlist.PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceDell laptopOperating SystemWindows 1...

• Casual Listener
  • Removed songs from my own playlist. Playing that playlist on shuffle, it always plays the same sequence of songs and it plays songs in the playlist that I have deleted from the playlist. Plan Premi...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Attention To All Members: How To Update Desktop App!!

The following screen shots shows the correct way to upgrade! When an update is available, you'll see a blue dot on the right side of your profile name. Click on the drop down menu and select "Restart Now." Spotify will then install and configure your...

SpotifyUpdate.png SpotifyUpdate2.png
  • Visitor
  • The following screen shots shows the correct way to upgrade! When an update is available, you'll see a blue dot on the right side of your profile name. Click on the drop down menu and select "Restart...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    PC
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't login to Spotify App on Windows 10

PlanFreeCountry United States of America DeviceHP Probook 440 G2 Operating SystemWindows 10 1803 My Question or Issue So whenever I try to login to Spotify on Windows 10, I get an error 17 which says A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country  United States of America   Device HP Probook 440 G2   Operating System Windows 10 1803   My Question or Issue  So whenever I try to login to Sp...
  • gilltron0
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily Mix - Missing from Left Panel

I believe there was a recent update to Spotify on Windows and now the Daily Mix does not appear on the left panel under "Your Library". I can still find it if I search Daily Mix but this is an additional inconvenient step. Is there a way to put it ba...

• Casual Listener
  • I believe there was a recent update to Spotify on Windows and now the Daily Mix does not appear on the left panel under "Your Library". I can still find it if I search Daily Mix but this is an a...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

so i have spotify on my phone and computer

so i have spotify premium i add songs on my phone but they don't show up on my computer any way to fix this?

• so i have spotify premium i add songs on my phone but they don't show up on my computer any way to fix this?    
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I Saw A Private Playlist

On Tuesday I saw my friend listening to a private playlist on Spotify. It showed the playlist, I clicked it and followed because it looked like just another playlist. Now he's convinced I did something underhanded to get access. How the **bleep** is ...

• On Tuesday I saw my friend listening to a private playlist on Spotify. It showed the playlist, I clicked it and followed because it looked like just another playlist. Now he's convinced I did somethi...
  • PKimchi
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App forgets last played position/song (no queue either)

DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSince the Windows 10 version of Spotify installed it no longer remembers the last position/song I was playing when I start my PC.I've ended up clean uninstalling and reinstalling with the win32 a...

• Casual Listener
  • Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Since the Windows 10 version of Spotify installed it no longer remembers the last position/song I was playing when I start my P...
  • Preticle
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Lost ALL saved songs library

PlanPremiumCountry SpainDeviceDell XPS 15 / HTC One M8Operating SystemWindows 10 / Android Marshmallow My Question or Issue So surprise to me this morning, my +2000 songs library got erased or lost, call it whatever you want. Instead, a lot of albums...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Spain Device Dell XPS 15 / HTC One M8 Operating System Windows 10 / Android Marshmallow   My Question or Issue  So surprise to me this morning, my +2000...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to connect with Facebook

PlanPremiumCountryCANADADeviceWINDOWS PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue When I click "connect to facebook" Nothing appears until I press "ALT-TAB" on my keyboard. I can then see the facebook login prompt but cannot click on it. I also...

•   Plan Premium Country CANADA Device WINDOWS PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  When I click "connect to facebook" Nothing appears until I press "ALT-TAB...
  • LuisN99
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows startup opens browser with weird spotify link that does not open

When windows 10 starts up, my browser starts up with this link: https://accounts.spotify.com/authorize/?client_id=&response_type=code&redirect_uri=http://127.0.0.1:7476&state=XSS&scope=user-read-playback-state%20user-modify-playback-state&show_dialog...

•   When windows 10 starts up, my browser starts up with this link:   https://accounts.spotify.com/authorize/?client_id=<blahblahblah>&response_type=code&redirect_uri=http://...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Available songs giving "This track is not available in your country" message on chrome

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePCOperating SystemWin7 My Question or Issue For around a month now everytime I click on songs or playlists on other websites it keeps saying it's not available in my country, but when I click on the track and open it in...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Finland Device PC Operating System Win7   My Question or Issue   For around a month now everytime I click on songs or playlists on other websites i...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 Store App, toggle settings not working

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 - App store Application.Previous information:Already did a clean install of the Windows app, relogged, did a log out from all devices from the web page (since I also use the android app). M...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Device PC Operating System Windows 10 - App store Application. Previous information: Already did a clean install of the Windows app, relogged, did a log out f...
  • LestatLestotis
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes