Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify.exe location

Solved!

Spotify.exe location

I am a developer and i need Spotify.exe's location. For me its in C:\Users\yourPCname\AppData\Roaming\Spotify folder. But i saw couple people who downloaded Spotify from Microsoft Store, they dont have Spotify.exe in the location that i share.

Where are Spoify.exe locations that change or don't change for all Windows users?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @bulletproof9813 

When Spotify is downloaded from spotify.com/download and installed, it will land in %appdata%.
When Spotify is installed via Microsoft Store though, it gets called a Windows App and thereby lies in a hidden WindowsApps folder under Program Files.

It's not only hidden, but guarded pretty well, so you'll need to gain permission to open the folder. All this is explained by this HelpDeskGeek article.

Hope this helps 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @bulletproof9813 

When Spotify is downloaded from spotify.com/download and installed, it will land in %appdata%.
When Spotify is installed via Microsoft Store though, it gets called a Windows App and thereby lies in a hidden WindowsApps folder under Program Files.

It's not only hidden, but guarded pretty well, so you'll need to gain permission to open the folder. All this is explained by this HelpDeskGeek article.

Hope this helps 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Type this in windows run: shell:AppsFolder
This will open up a list of applications installed on your PC
Find spotify, right click it and select "create shortcut"
It will ask to create a shortcut on desktop, click yes/continue
DONE!!

Thank you! Spot on!

just search to spotify.exe and with right mouse press location

Suggested posts