Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Windows 10 Store will lose it playing track If there is a update.

Solved!

Spotify for Windows 10 Store will lose it playing track If there is a update.

Plan

Premium

Country

Vietnam

Device

Windows 10 PC latest update (Version 21H1)

Operating System

Windows 10 Version 21H1

My Question or Issue

If Spotify was playing something but then It had to restart for a update available in Windows Store It would lose It's track of what It was playing to blank also my shuffle/repeat button would being reset back to default too. It's frustrating because I keep losing my good queue song from the algorithm.
Please do something about it or does switching to the non-windows store app help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Alex_Clare,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

This is expected behavior. In this case, we recommend updating the app after you finish your listening session so it doesn't get interrupted. If the update is automatic and it starts in the middle of your session, then try disabling any automatic update setting.

If that isn't possible, you can try downloading the app from our website to check if it's more convenient.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Take care 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @Alex_Clare,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

This is expected behavior. In this case, we recommend updating the app after you finish your listening session so it doesn't get interrupted. If the update is automatic and it starts in the middle of your session, then try disabling any automatic update setting.

If that isn't possible, you can try downloading the app from our website to check if it's more convenient.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Take care 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Yeah, I just wish It can remember my playing queue in the cloud or something not locally so this doesn't happen. Gonna switch to the non-windows app store but then I would lose the ability to use the intergration with the windows game bar, guess can't have the good of both world.

Hi @Alex_Clare,

Thanks for your reply.

We understand where you're coming from and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We'll make sure to pass it on the right folks.

For any questions or whenever you need a hand, the Community is here.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts