Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi there! Just had this issue come up yesterday where the Spotify app on my desktop wouldn't let me play or select any music. It will randomly start playing music for me with random pauses. It will occasionally rapidly skip through heaps of songs before settling on what it wants. I also have no control over skipping songs etc.
Just for extra information, my phone app and desktop web player works fine until I open the app which takes over.
I've tried reinstalling the app, restarting my PC, turning off battery saver, and restoring my speaker settings to default.
Thank you so much for your help! ❤️

4 Replies

Hey @Velovee,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

We suggest you do clean reinstall of the app by making sure that no leftover files remain. You can find the steps for that here. Afterwards you should also check your host files. This page has the instructions how to do this. 

If the issue still persists it's a good idea to check if it comes up on both the Microsoft Store version of the app as well as the one from our website

Hope this helps! If you have ant further questions don't hesitate to post them 🙂

Have a wonderful day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there, I appreciate the fast reply! Unfortunately, I have followed both instructions and I'm still having the same issue. 1 thing I noticed was that the issue seems to fix itself for a short while after updating my windows.

Hi there, i also have the exact same problem. I did follow your instructions and the problem still persist. I'm playing 50 Cent tunes on my playlist then it randomly switched to French Orchestra and automatically plays it on my Web Player (not my phone). Then randomly switched to another foreign genre I never heard of. Ease help😑

Hey @Redsterr9 

Please follow all steps in this article. It sounds like your account might have been accessed by someone else and the steps in that article will help you secure your account.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts