Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

Laptop, Google Pixel 3a

Operating System

Android  Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am listening on Laptop for work. Then i make a break and go outside and listening with my mobilephone. Stop playing on Mobilephone. Wake Laptop up and will again listening spotify, but i cant choose really something and can  not start music. When i close spotify it is not possible to start Spotify because there is a running instance. I have to kill an Instance to end Spotify and then I can restart Spotify and everything works.

3 Replies

Hey @ecrofx,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. We're happy to help.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I also got same issue although i use Dell Inspiron 17 its fast but still. I also try to uninstall Spotify clear cache and then restart my laptop and then again install it. But again Same issue  

Hey @MaryESmith,

Thanks for posting on this thread.

Just to confirm, did you make sure to follow all the steps in the link that @Jeremy shared above? Those are for a clean reinstall, which is more thorough than a regular one and can help with such issues.

If the issue persists, you can try clearing your hosts file by following these steps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts