Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The last few months I've noticed that the Spotify app is really flakey.

For example,  it will randomly say I'm playing on another device, but when I try to switch it, there is no response. 

Or songs simply won't play. No error, no movement of the progress bar. It just doesn't play.

Another issue I've seen is that in the "Home" section, there will be like 3 and a half items and no scroll buttons in a row of items. The items that are there will work, but I can't scroll side to side to see more items. Usually happens the most with "Recently played" and "Jump back in"

When I encounter errors, I will close out of the program using the "quit" option from the top left menu and try to restart it and get an error that "Spotify is not responding." When I check Task Manager, there are 3 to 5 Spotify processes running that I have to end then re-launch Spotify. At which point there is a 20% chance that it'll launch with some sort of problem that will make me have to repeat the process.

1 Reply

Hey hey @rtuite81!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try a clean reinstall to clear any old files that might be causing issues.

It's important that you re-download it from the Microsoft store.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll also recommend removing access to any third part apps that you don't recognize here as that might cause some of the issues you describe.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts