Premium

Country

Slovakia

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi, i wanted to reinstall Spotify app because of some update errors when start. First i uninstalled Spotify throught Control panel, then downloaded installer from spotify site.

When i want open it (double click) nothing happen. Tried it run as administrator - the same problem. 

Tried to delete all leftovers from %Appdata%, clean registers (CCleaner), restart computer, create new Windows user and install under it - nothing works. Instalation won’t start - it dissapear from Win proccesses after 2 seconds.

A lot of people have the same problem, please give us s solution !!!

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@IguanaSetup wrote:

Hey, @crucinal1 -

That's not cool!

I suggest trying out the Windows Store Version of Spotify instead;

Here are the instructions:

1. Go to the Control Panel.
  2. Click Programs and Features.
  3. Select Spotify in the list and click uninstall.
  4. Follow the instructions on the screen.
  5. On the Start search bar, type %AppData% and hit enter. This should open up the folder: C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming.
  6. Make sure there's no Spotify folder (C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Local\Spotify) left in AppData\Roaming. If the folder is still there, you can delete it.
  7. Please make sure that there is no Spotify folder left in C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Local\Spotify as well.
  8. Install Spotify from the Windows Apps store.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hello,

these "instructions" didn't help, i tried them before.

But i tried to download Spotify from Windows Store and it works !!! Thank you

However, it does not solve problem with Spotify installer from spotify site. But it's OK for me now. Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey, @crucinal1 -

That's not cool!

5. On the Start search bar, type %AppData% and hit enter. This should open up the folder: C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming.
  6. Make sure there's no Spotify folder (C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Local\Spotify) left in AppData\Roaming. If the folder is still there, you can delete it.
  7. Please make sure that there is no Spotify folder left in C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Local\Spotify as well.

Marked as solution

@IguanaSetup wrote:

Hey, @crucinal1 -

That's not cool!

Hello,

these "instructions" didn't help, i tried them before.

But i tried to download Spotify from Windows Store and it works !!! Thank you

However, it does not solve problem with Spotify installer from spotify site. But it's OK for me now. Thanks

I have the exact same problem.

Did the exact same things, trying the exact same solution.

The only thnk thath worked was to dowload from Windows store.

Didn't solve solve problem with Spotify installer from spotify site.

Also, https://open.spotify.com/ also won't open on my computer, leading to blank page. I don't use a proxy, and my firewall is fine.

Didn't work, and here is an interesting thing: When I search for spotify on the Microsoft Store, it didn't come up. when I used your link to go to the app, I see the app,  but when I hover the mouse over the "Install" button, the mouse cursor turns into a stop sign and won't let me install. very weird! I tried taking a screenshot, but Windows doesn't include the mouse cursor.

Screenshot (6).png

Suggested posts