My Question or Issue
Hi, i wanted to reinstall Spotify app because of some update errors when start. First i uninstalled Spotify throught Control panel, then downloaded installer from spotify site.
When i want open it (double click) nothing happen. Tried it run as administrator - the same problem.
Tried to delete all leftovers from %Appdata%, clean registers (CCleaner), restart computer, create new Windows user and install under it - nothing works. Instalation won’t start - it dissapear from Win proccesses after 2 seconds.
A lot of people have the same problem, please give us s solution !!!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hey, @crucinal1 -
That's not cool!
I suggest trying out the Windows Store Version of Spotify instead;
Here are the instructions:
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Select Spotify in the list and click uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- On the Start search bar, type %AppData% and hit enter. This should open up the folder: C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming.
- Make sure there's no Spotify folder (C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Local\Spotify) left in AppData\Roaming. If the folder is still there, you can delete it.
- Please make sure that there is no Spotify folder left in C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Local\Spotify as well.
- Install Spotify from the Windows Apps store.
Let me know how it goes 🙂
these "instructions" didn't help, i tried them before.
But i tried to download Spotify from Windows Store and it works !!! Thank you
However, it does not solve problem with Spotify installer from spotify site. But it's OK for me now. Thanks