Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is Pausing across all my devices

Spotify is Pausing across all my devices

Plan

Premium

Country

United States 

Device

Galaxy S9+, Windows computer

Operating System

Android, Win 10

My Question or Issue

My Spotify account pauses music every 20-30 seconds or so both on my PC and Phone, It also does this over 4G so It isn't a ISP issue, unless both are jacked and I find that unlikely. This has happened before about a week and a half ago, and disappeared on its own. This does not seem to impact podcasts, only music.  

I have tried the following: Logged out on all devices, changed streaming quality, switched between 4g/wifi, tried on Computer and Phone. The issues persists. 

It is extremely frustrating, especially during workouts I cannot find a solution for this. 

1 Reply

Hi there!

There are several reasons why Spotify keeps pausing on your devices.

1. There is something wrong with the installation of Spotify on your device(s).  Have you done a reinstall? Or a clear reinstall? Here you can find the steps to do it. 
  2. You forgot to log out of a different device and a friend or family member is unknowingly using your account.    There are two steps to fix this: by changing your Spotify password, then logging your account out from all devices it's logged into, you can do this here.
  3. Perhaps you are somewhere with less celluar coverage. (To fix this,) 

Desktop

1. Click the arrow in the top-right corner and select Settings.
    2. Under Music Quality, select your preferred settings. You can choose from the audio quality settings in the table in Music quality details below.

Mobile and tablet

1. Tap Home (in the bottom of the screen)
    2. Tap Settings (the cogwheel icon)
    3. Under Music Quality, select your preferred settings. You can choose from the audio quality settings in the table in Music quality details below.
  4. Your account is compromised. If none of the steps above worked, then I suggest you follow the steps on this page, which can help you with your hacked account.

If you aren't sure with the explanations here, I recommend you read this article https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Why-does-Spotify-keep-pausing-why-does-the-music-st... as this is the more detailed version.

Hope this helps!

Suggested posts