Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is skipping through Songs when Soundcard is used as standard playback device

Solved!

Spotify is skipping through Songs when Soundcard is used as standard playback device

Hello fellow Community Members and Spotify Support,

Plan

Premium

Country
Germany

Device

Intel Core i7 6700k @4,6 GHz

Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

Creative Labs Soundblaster AE-5

Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 32 Ohm

Operating System

Windows 10 1809 (build 17763.615)

My Question or Issue

Spotify suddenly started to skip through Songs for no reason. I didn't change anything Hardware nor Software-related.

Troubleshooting attempts

Changing the standard Playback Device from my Soundcard to my Monitor or Onboard Audio worked. But changing back to my Soundcard it suddenly skips through songs again. (I obviously want to use my Soundcard to listen to Music, that's somewhat the point of getting said card.)

I tried clearing Spotify User Data in the Roaming Folder, didn't fix the issue.

I uninstalled Spotify with Revo Uninstaller to find leftover Parts and delete those. Freshly reinstalling Spotify didn't help either.

Spotify displays the Message "Spotify can't play this right now." if I try to play individual Songs instead of a Playlist.

Using the Browser works, but that's undesireable due to higher performance impact. (I keep Tabs open I might need in another session).

I really prefer Desktop Applications over Windows Store Apps. I always disliked how Apps are implemented in Windows 10. That's why I'd rather not use the Windows 10 Appstore Version.

I'm somewhat Stuck now. Would appreciate some assistance.

Thank you.

sincerly, Shinya

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I literally just found out why it is skipping through. I can now listen to my Songs again.

Spotify only supports a bit depth of 32 bits and bit rate of 192000 Hz, which is fine to me.

Just wondering: Can I get Spotify to work somehow on 32 Bit, 384000 Hz?

View solution in original post

spotify.PNG
2 Replies
Marked as solution

I literally just found out why it is skipping through. I can now listen to my Songs again.

Spotify only supports a bit depth of 32 bits and bit rate of 192000 Hz, which is fine to me.

Just wondering: Can I get Spotify to work somehow on 32 Bit, 384000 Hz?

spotify.PNG

Hi,
I know your post is a bit older but I think I found a workaround for your problem. I have the same problem when I open Spotify with my Soundblaster G6 for the sound output source (32Bit 384KHz enabled). But if I open Spotify with my monitor as sound output source I can switch back to my soundcard after I started and stopped a song. After that, the soundcard output works without any problems and I have no idea why.

Suggested posts