Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps Crashing on Iphone

Solved!

Spotify keeps Crashing on Iphone

Hey, Spotify keeps crashing on my iPhone 12 for some unknown reason!? I've tried everything to fix it and nothing works! I've reset the app, update the app, reset my phone, and even reset settings but nothing works. I thought it was because I was connected to my airpods but they don't seem to be the problem since everytime the music cuts off, the app is closed when I haven't touched my phone!? This just happened today and like I said, I have an iPhone 12 with a premium USA plan and the latest iOS update. Is there a fix that I don't know about or is Spotify currently looking into this issue? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Andrej456, @davidadegbiyi, @Millamariaaws, and @TheDirtyPirate,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Spotify is currently aware of an Ongoing Issue causing the app to crash, and the relevant team is looking into it.

I recommend adding your +VOTE to the Ongoing Issue, as well as adding a comment there to provide the team with the following info:

• your device + OS version
  • your exact Spotify version

It will also be useful for you to Subscribe to the Ongoing Issue by clicking the three dots next to its title; that way, you can be sure to be informed of any relevant updates.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Same. I have an iPhone SE ‘20 and it crashes every time. Noticed it today and I use it daily.  I’ve tried everything you’ve tried as well. 

I have the same problem and it drives me insane

I suspect it's related to the most recent update to 8.6.80.  Happened only occasionally before but I updated about 20 min ago and it's happened at least 5x since...

Marked as solution

Hi @Andrej456, @davidadegbiyi, @Millamariaaws, and @TheDirtyPirate,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Spotify is currently aware of an Ongoing Issue causing the app to crash, and the relevant team is looking into it.

I recommend adding your +VOTE to the Ongoing Issue, as well as adding a comment there to provide the team with the following info:

• your device + OS version
  • your exact Spotify version

It will also be useful for you to Subscribe to the Ongoing Issue by clicking the three dots next to its title; that way, you can be sure to be informed of any relevant updates.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts